Mother of Georgia’s No. 1 prospect would love to see twins stay together

auburn4ever

Mother of Georgia’s No. 1 prospect would love to see twins stay together in college

March 26th, 2009 by Michael Carvell

Alec Ogletree is ranked as the nation's No. 1 safety by Rivals with 35 scholarship offers, but he says his twin brother may be more talented than him (AJC)

Newnan High’s Alec Ogletree is considered the state’s No. 1 college prospect and holds 35 early scholarship offers. He says his twin brother, Zander Ogletree, may be better than he is, and Zander has been mostly ignored by college scouts.

“The only reason I can think that I have all these offers and [my twin brother] doesn’t is because of height … because he can play, I mean, he’s really, really good ,” said Alec, who was heavily courted by Georgia coach Mark Richt during UGA’s Junior Day. His five early favorites are Miami, FSU, Alabama, UGA and Florida.

The football stars were born two minutes apart on Sept. 25, 1991. Alec has grown to 6-foot-3 and 215 pounds, plays safety in high school, and has college coaches drooling with his presence. Zander (the older twin) stands 5-11 and 205 pounds, plays some mean linebacker, and …

Sadly for Xander it would appear most of the height gene went to his brother. Xander is listed at a generous 5'11" and 190 lbs. Now I know how much we all want big bro but I cant imagine a sub 6 foot linebacker being the way to get him. Call me wrong if you want to but its just not worth it especialy with in state safety Jarrick Williams already being recruited so hard.

I go to school with in state Jarrick Williams and Tuesday I saw hime with a Bama hat on... :dunno:

That is terrible news. Wonder what Judas is telling him...... I hope its just a phase like acne or maybe he was wearing it cuz it was raining and he didnt want to get his AU hat dirty. Or maybe he is thinking how good he would look in a new Charger???

I know I was shocked to see the bama hat on I am really high on this kid I really want him he is a very physical saftey and reminds me of Junior Rosegreen

Let us know if he unexpectantly comes to school in a new ride or anything, then we'll know where he's going and what's going on.....  :zapbama:

Archived