News on RB Lache Seastrunk and WR Trovon Reed

AUSportTalk

Auburn made quite an impact on two of the top prospects in the country during the weekend.

Running back Lache Seastrunk (Temple, Texas/Temple) told ESPN affiliate AuburnUndercover.com that his unofficial visit to the plains during the weekend was "bar none the best visit I've ever had in my entire life."

Seastrunk's hometown pastor is Auburn assistant coach Curtis Luper's father, so there was a family connection there and the speedy running back praised the Tigers' staff for promoting a family atmosphere.

"They stress family in everything they do," he said.

Wide receiver Trovon Reed (Thibodeaux, La./Thibodeaux) was another headlining unofficial visitor at Auburn and came away equally impressed.

There were even rumors from other prospects and their high school coaches that Seastrunk and Reed had verbally committed to Auburn, something that both players and sources close to the Tigers' program denied. Still, it's quite a buzz when folks are talking about two of the top skill position players in the country possibly committing.

Regardless, you have to be impressed with the buzz that Gene Chizik and his staff have created on the recruiting trail. Multiple testimonials from recruits heap praise on Chizik and the Tigers staff for being impressive, warm and exciting all at the same time.

It would be awesome to pick up both of these guys.  I've seen Seastrunk's videos, and he is the real deal.  I also heard that Reed is an instant impact big-time WR (like Julio or A.J. Greene). 

I really have to tip my hat to CGC and the entire staff. I would not be as impressed with going after quality athletes were they not going after only the ones that are quality young men. Great job and War Eagle!!!!

Archived