LB LaDarius Owens Update

AUSportTalk

Most believe it will be an Alabama-Auburn battle for ESPNU 150 Watch List defensive end LaDarius Owens. However, ESPN affiliate Web site EyeOnTheTigers.com reports that LSU and Tennessee are in the running.

"They're in my top four," Owens said. "LSU is one of my favorite programs. They're known for winning championships."

Owens said of the Vols' staff, "It was really good to see how they run things. Those coaches are intense."

Last fall, he registered 92 tackles, 18 sacks and three forced fumbles.

Also here is what a Rivals.com Recruiting Editor Said: I'm on the road heading back from the Ole Miss camp but wanted to post LaDarius Owens' top five that he just texted me:

auburn, LSU, Alabama, Tennessee, Florida state.

He said that it is in order of favorites. He also said that he is still thinking about Clemson and Mississippi state.

His trip to Lsu this weekend really helped the Tigers

Barton Simmons

Rivals.com Assistant Recruiting Editor

Dammit,... I wish he would go ahead and commit and get this circus over with.

I heard from a guy who always knows his crap that, as of right now, after talking to some folks he believes we are good with Ladarius and that, despite reports to the contrary, James has been in his ear about going to Auburn as a legacy of sorts.  James is a pastor and wants Ladarius to be with a bunch of good , Christian coaches.  All I can say is that I hope this guy is right on this one.  He did say that this is just what he gathered from a conversation, but he is usually always right on as he has very close connections with our football program.  I guess we'll see!

This is a convo I had on facebook with Ladarius Owens.

Charlie Oneal - LaDarius, when is Rivals gonna rate you? I've heard your gonna be a 4 star.

LaDarius Owens - they told me at the end of june.....but stars mean nothing 4real itz all politics

Charlie Oneal - No doubt, Your 6'2 225 size and 4.4 speed is what's up through. War Eagle LaDarius

Charlie Oneal - i agree, but i still think you deserve that 4 star rating. i don't doubt for a second your rank would go down if you committed to Auburn on rivals.

LaDarius Owens - yea it probably would but that wouldnt do none but motivate me even more

Charlie Oneal - thats what's up, good luck this up coming season. i'm behind you wherever you go, even if it's hard to swallow. war eagle

LaDarius Owens - lol thanx bruh

AUBURN UNDERCOVER is reporting that he has set a time to commit.

AUSporttalk do you know when ?

I am thinking sometime at the end of the Summer. He might be another one that commits sometime at the end of July.

I'm pretty sure he has said it will be before his senior season.

Yeah, the last time I talked to him he seemed all ready to make a decision but he wants to visit a couple other schools before he commits.

Well, LSU & Alabama are out of the way.

Yeah, the last time I talked to him he seemed all ready to make a decision but he wants to visit a couple other schools before he commits.

Tennessee and Florida State are still left, but i don't think that the whole reason why he is waiting.

IMO, He gets ranked late this month on Rivals. I would say he is waiting to see his rank before he commits to us.

Well, LSU & Alabama are out of the way.

Tennessee and Florida State are still left, but i don't think that the whole reason why he is waiting.

IMO, He gets ranked late this month on Rivals. I would say he is waiting to see his rank before he commits to us.

why would he wait to see his ranking?

So, they can't make him a 2 star after he commits to Auburn. They might keep him at a 3 star since almost everyone knows he is ours to lose.

So, they can't make him a 2 star after he commits to Auburn. They might keep him at a 3 star since almost everyone knows he is ours to lose.

Look at his offers!

Look at his size and speed!

Look at his highlight video!

He deserves a 4 star rating no doubt!

Look at his offers!

Look at his size and speed!

Look at his highlight video!

He deserves a 4 star rating no doubt!

I totally agree with you!

What is this whole conspiracy that everyone has it in for us?

I know some people don't like us and I think it has a lot to do with the fact that we're known for winning games against championship caliber teams and when we come close to getting upset ourselves, we somehow pull out a win. We seem to do it by ridiculous means at times. See:

2001 Florida

2004 LSU

2005 Georgia

2006 S. Carolina

2006 Florida

Games like that, I think, make people mad. But is there really an agenda against us? I have a hard time believing it.

Archived