Storm Johnson

cmd1991

As of 2 minutes ago it seems Storm Johnson commited to LSU this is his status on his Facebook page

"Storm Johnson Say that these things are blessing for me my family and friend man but we did it my hater can follow me to LSU cause i am finally commiting so fan the amazing 5 is doing to have fun in LSU and shout outs to my haomeboy for life my nigga that i grew up with and we dreamed about this s*** my bestfriend daunte carr do ya thang at standford man lol WE MADE DAWG WE HERE!!!!"

I didnt really think we would land him any news on this Sportstalk???

I'm not sure. I haven't heard that. I know he was supposed to make an unofficial visit to LSU this weekend but said he couldn't make it so it wouldn't surprise me if he committed b/c he has had LSU on top for quite sometime now.

Wow,  If he is as intelligent as he sounds, he won't survive academically.  That was a truly sad!  How will someone like that even qualify to play?  An athletic giant with no clue....just sad.

He has such an AWESOME name though.  This was probably written on a cell phone though.  Which would explain some missing letters and words not making sense.

Wow,  If he is as intelligent as he sounds, he won't survive academically.  That was a truly sad!  How will someone like that even qualify to play?  An athletic giant with no clue....just sad.

Eh, to be honest, nothing on Facebook should really count against these kids. They type stream-of-thought with no concern for grammar, punctuation, spelling, or any other rule the English language is based upon. Quite often they purposely misspell words to emphasize the way it sounds coming out of their mouth...or just because they think it looks cooler spelled a different way, or because they want to spell it their OWN way, or, well, you get the picture.

I took English Comp II at Southern Union before I started at Auburn (the first time, at least, as I'm about to start back), and in that class, the teacher put us in groups of three so we could help each other with our papers. The two girls who were in my group were TERRIBLE writers. There were more run ons and fragments than there were complete sentences. I didn't have a clue how they were able to get through junior high writing like that, much less high school...and they had to get through Comp I in college to get to this class!

No, the sad thing is not the way this young man wrote his status on Facebook; the sad thing is the way kids are allowed to pass through high school without ever learning how to write a paper, work a math problem, or even tell you what the Bill of Rights is. My best friend growing up got into an argument with me during our freshman year of college because he was convinced Adolf Hitler took over Germany in 1952.

I could go on and on about the dumbing down of America, about some of the kids (and older people) I tutored in math at Southern Union, or any multitude of such things I've seen in my life. I'm only 25, and excuse me, but I've seen enough stupidity to last far more than a lifetime.

Archived