Demolition of Beard-Eaves

ccompton2

Does anyone know what will actually happen to Beard-Eaves? Will University keep it for sports or are they going to dynamite it?

Not sure but I've dropped Jay J. an e-mail and ask if any of the seats would be sold. I would love to have a couple of seats. Most had a brass plate with the seat number on it. 

Will somebody video and post the demolition for us tigers that live very far away

No, just president of my fraternity on campus.  I heard that's what they were gonna do this over the summer, but I never heard about this from a university official.

TV Channel 12 (Montgomery) reported today that there are no definite plans as to the future of BEMC.

I find that hard to imagine, but the reporter was on the front steps and apparently had talked to some bigshots that should know.

How can someone in authority not know what plans are in the making for BEMC at this late point in time?

Why didn't they build the new one to hold 11 or 12k?

IMO, we could never get close to 11-12K so the arena always looked empty, by having less seats it makes it look more filled up.... does that make any sense?

No, just president of my fraternity on campus.  I heard that's what they were gonna do this over the summer, but I never heard about this from a university official.

Which frat" house?

The new Student Activites Center will be close to BEMC but not where it is now. Ive heard rumors that Auburn will build a new aquatics center, a new 100 yard state-of-the-art indoor practice football facility, or more parking for rvs for football games. I think its all rumors though. Most likely the eyesore will stand empty for a few years until they make up their minds what to do with it.

I would doubt they create more space for RV's.  They want us rv'ers off the campus and will continue to make that happen until all are least south of around the Hay field or further.

:banghead: :banghead:

I pretty sure the word is that it is going to stay and continue to be used for gymnastic events, graduations, summer camps, and all that stuff.

I don't imagine they will demolish it, at least not in the very near future. I think it still has value, just not as a basketball arena.

Im not sure if they will do anything with it. They have already said that the new arena will have graduation and gymnastics. The only thing thats left is PE classes

Archived