Our new stadium

Does anyone have any information on our new bball arena? Does anyone know how many is it going to hold? I am hoping for a big-time basketball arena and not a carbon copy of a SEC Arena. Thanks for the info

From the pictures I have seen, it is not a carbon copy.  It is going to be something to be proud of.  Smaller and much more intimate, but the right size for the type crowds we draw.  It reminds me a lot of Duke's coliseum.

I have been on a tour (a few weeks ago) and it is gonna be really nice.  It is smaller, 9,600 but everyone is on top of each other and its gonna be loud.  Its kinds like a smaller version of cameron indoor stadium (Duke) but not quite as steep.  The Students have the best seats and the entire atmosphere is geared towards the students (which is the only people that can consistently come to the games).  Very good quality and very well built.  Everything is really far along and they even have the floor down.  It looks really good and really excited about going next year!

http://auburn.scout.com/2/952046.html

It requires an account, but there are some pretty good pics of the interior under constuction.  Looks it will have two full practice courts , open 24/7, to go along with the the main arena. The north concourse will be the new home for the Lovelace Museum.  It will definately be a very unique arena, designed to provide an equally unique experience.  I can't wait to see the finished product.

I have been on a tour (a few weeks ago) and it is gonna be really nice.  It is smaller, 9,600 but everyone is on top of each other and its gonna be loud.  Its kinds like a smaller version of cameron indoor stadium (Duke) but not quite as steep.  The Students have the best seats and the entire atmosphere is geared towards the students (which is the only people that can consistently come to the games).  Very good quality and very well built.  Everything is really far along and they even have the floor down.  It looks really good and really excited about going next year!

It will actually seat more than Cameron Indoor.  Now, I have heard they cram a lot of extra students in that place then they haveeats for at times so I'm not sure on the actual headcounts.  I just know that ours will seat around 9,600 and Cameron seats 9,300 or so.

Archived