Rumors on WJOX out of B'ham

jayb4au

I don't know how valid this is, but on WJOX is talking about Auburn MAYBE going after Rick Majeris ( I don't know if I spelled that right). 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not using the issues to bash him, but he has also had extensive leaves due to health issues.

Like I said, he is on his way out. There is no way Auburn hires him.

Im not using the issues to bash him, but he has also had extensive leaves due to health issues.

Like I said, he is on his way out. There is no way Auburn hires him.

I agree but that would be culture shock for him and us. Different worlds.

Is it pretty much a consensus out there, that AU will be moving away from Lebo?  I am here in ATL, and it is hard enough to get Auburn football talked about, no chance at AU Basketball.  I do think Lebo has had a fair shot at suceeding and now time to move on.  WDE!

Majerus is a proven winner and would instantly bring credibility to our program. He has a lifetime winning % of .722 and has played in the tourney finals with a team from Utah of all places. I don't care about his health or age. If he only coached at Auburn for 3 years he would leave us much better off than we are today and make the job much more appealing to potential candidates. IMHO Rick Majerus would be a home run.

We need to make a splash with a big name hire. Someone like Tony Barbee or Rick Majeris would be that splash.

Another thing Majerus has going for him is his personality. People have complained that Lebo doesn't do a good enough job gettng out there and selling the program but that would not be a problem with a guy like Majerus.

I agree with what someone said before. If Majerus is only here for 3 years, I think he's the type of coach who can turn a team around in a short time. Besides, if he retires after 3 years and he's turned this program into a winner, just think who the next coach could be. IF the RIGHT call is made after this season, this team and the fans could be watching a bright future for our basketball Tigers.

I like it too get us on the map and make it an attractive place, he would leave talent behind and we would have a still really new gym as well, War Eagle, I love it! :thumbsup:

I would prefer to find a coach who will be here a while and brind some stability. Majerus is better than Lebo, but I would prefer someone younger with a lot of years left.

Jacobs has better quick and aggressive on the coaching search, because Georgia Tech will likely be looking for a new coach after the ACC tourney.

Archived