Rumors on WJOX out of B'ham

jayb4au

I'm not sure about Ga Tech making a change. That program is on the way back up in the tough ACC. Very you team with tons of talent. One program to worry about is Oregon. They're also moving into a new arena next year that was basicially built by Nike. Who wouldn't want to have Nike backing their program.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike Anderson just signed an extention for less money to stay ay Mizzou and turned down Georgia last year. We should have gotten him in '04 when we had a REAL shot.... :wedance:

Jacobs has better quick and aggressive on the coaching search, because Georgia Tech will likely be looking for a new coach after the ACC tourney.

If Georgia Tech fires Paul Hewitt, then they're dumb. I would take him as our coach in a heartbeat.

What about Mike Anderson?????

He's being too successful at a basketball school in the toughest conference.  If he didn't have the tourney run that he did last year, maybe. 

I don't know how valid this is, but on WJOX is talking about Auburn MAYBE going after Rick Majeris ( I don't know if I spelled that right). 

That is a train wreck we could do without. He would not be a good fit. I would rather keep Lebo another year than fat Rick.

What about Mike Anderson?????

Auburn and Anderson parted ways, with "irreconcilable differences" six years ago. Never shall they meet again.

I don't know how valid this is, but on WJOX is talking about Auburn MAYBE going after Rick Majeris ( I don't know if I spelled that right). 

That is a train wreck we could do without. He would not be a good fit. I would rather keep Lebo another year than fat Rick.

Care to elaborate? I would rather win games personally.

Guest War Eagle 29

If you got behind him we may never find you again!

I am not trying to be overly-sensitive here, but as a former morbid obese person, I can tell you that fat jokes are hurtful and demeaning. Would you make jokes about his race or religion? Hey, I was scolded when I first started posting here for typing a couple of "four" letter words in a post. Just ease up on the fat jokes please. Thank you.

If we make a change I would rather have someone on his way up than on his way out. I have no preferences because I don't follow anyone but Auburn and Duke basketball. Anyone remember back in the 80's when St Joes adopted Auburn as their football school and Pat Dye would send them tickets. It was usually for a non conference game and some of their students would come and watch a game. They did not have a football program at that school but a decent basketball team. That's why I adopted Duke, I have to have someone to pull for in the tourney every year and it is too few and far between for Auburn basketball. I love Auburn, I just miss the Sonny Smith years.

If we make a change I would rather have someone on his way up than on his way out. I have no preferences because I don't follow anyone but Auburn and Duke basketball. Anyone remember back in the 80's when St Joes adopted Auburn as their football school and Pat Dye would send them tickets. It was usually for a non conference game and some of their students would come and watch a game. They did not have a football program at that school but a decent basketball team. That's why I adopted Duke, I have to have someone to pull for in the tourney every year and it is too few and far between for Auburn basketball. I love Auburn, I just miss the Sonny Smith years.

You arent kidding.  I absolutely love college basketball and attend most of our home games with road games thrown in here and there.  I am so tired of losing and not ever making the tourney.  March Madness is so much fun and is downright special when we actually make the field.

I remember when those students from St. Joes adopted us. I've always that was a really cool thing for us and for those students. Maybe we should adopt their basketball program. I met a few of them during those years and they were always good kids to be around.

By the way, I too miss those Sonny Smith days. He's a good guy and a good coach. I wouldn't mind seeing him coaching us again.

[That is a train wreck we could do without. He would not be a good fit. I would rather keep Lebo another year than fat Rick.

Anderson wouldn`t come to Auburn to interview but said if we wanted to talk to him we could come see him in B`ham. Was too good to visit campus. That put a lot of people off about him.

[That is a train wreck we could do without. He would not be a good fit. I would rather keep Lebo another year than fat Rick.

Anderson wouldn`t come to Auburn to interview but said if we wanted to talk to him we could come see him in B`ham. Was too good to visit campus. That put a lot of people off about him.

I know all too well about the Anderson situation. I was refering to your comment about not wanting Majeras

I know all too well about the Anderson situation. I was refering to your comment about not wanting Majeras

Sorry; I figured that out after rereading your post. Old and slow that day. He is a good coach no doubt but I don`t think he is a fit. A lot of folks critize Lebo on recruiting and keeping players. Only 33 of 80 players he recruited to Utah stayed all 4 years. He also has a propensity for very foul and abusive language to his players. Called one of his players who had a hearing disability a "cripple". I just don`t see him as a fit for Auburn. That`s all I`m saying.

Some guy with the Bham news came on jox today and said we would be suprised to hear some of the names that he's heard for the next AU bball coach assuming Lebo gets fired. He said they could be rumors but ya never know.

Archived