Rick Pitino? John Brady?

AUnCullman

What about some guys who know big time College basketball that have been around?  Not saying they would be the best fit, but with everyone looking at young guys, who are some experienced guys that know the state of alabama? Any other suggestions?  I really dont want to take a chance again.  Lebo was an up and coming coach with ties to Dean Smith and North Carolina, so if he was a rising star, what is any different with the young guys already mentioned on this site?  Maybe Pitino and Brady haved learned a lesson and are ready to get into the SEC scene again.  We need someone who can come in right away, keep a great recruiting class we have going, and make an immediate impact.  Anyway, who are some experienced coaches that we might could get?

You can wish all you want but there is no way under the sun Pitino is leaving Louisville to come here. I also don't believe Brady is the right man for the job, even if he is interested.

Rick Pitino leaving Lousiville for AU. Right. Why not get Phil Jackson or Pat Riley? Hey, how bout let's get John Wooden out of retirement? LMAO.

Rick Pitino leaving Lousiville for AU. Right. Why not get Phil Jackson or Pat Riley? Hey, how bout let's get John Wooden out of retirement? LMAO.

I think Mike Krzyzewski would like out of Duke after this year

You guys are hilarious but the jest of the question is this, is there an experienced coach out there that we could dig into the pocket book for? Not a Calipari or Roy Williams but someone who could come in and make an immediate impact.  As I stated before, someone besides a young guy that we would be hoping to make an improvement to our bball program. 

Would Phil Jackson be able to bring Kobe with him?  He never used his college eligability, as long as they can over look the whole professional player thing.

You guys are hilarious but the jest of the question is this, is there an experienced coach out there that we could dig into the pocket book for? Not a Calipari or Roy Williams but someone who could come in and make an immediate impact.  As I stated before, someone besides a young guy that we would be hoping to make an improvement to our bball program. 

Absolutely imo. That would be the route I would prefer JJ to take as a matter of fact. I am very leery of the "up and coming" title some guys get. Lebo was "up and coming" too. Give me experience and proven results any time.

Absolutely imo. That would be the route I would prefer JJ to take as a matter of fact. I am very leery of the "up and coming" title some guys get. Lebo was "up and coming" too. Give me experience and proven results any time.

Lebo was up and coming out of chattanooga.. coaches were looking at are in much better conferences and coaches like barbee have proved they can be competitive

I do like Barbee, wouldn't mind him at all actually.

Lebo was up and coming out of chattanooga.. coaches were looking at are in much better conferences and coaches like barbee have proved they can be competitive

Archived