ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

nothing to do with his numbers. They are great. Just some personal reasons beyond baseball. I'd rather not go any further than that.  Just my opinion though. No doubt that he has been a great player for the Braves.

Must be his extra marital affairs.......people make mistakes. It shouldn't tarnish what he's done for the braves.

WDE

nothing to do with his numbers. They are great. Just some personal reasons beyond baseball. I'd rather not go any further than that. Just my opinion though. No doubt that he has been a great player for the Braves.

Must be his extra marital affairs.......people make mistakes. It shouldn't tarnish what he's done for the braves.

WDE

Yea I know he had his demons, but that was over in 1999. The way sports are now you just have to separate the athlete from their personal life. In today's sports world there is so much more coverage than before. From what I've heard the antics from the athletes back in augolf's day would make Tiger Woods blush with shame :-X.

nothing to do with his numbers. They are great. Just some personal reasons beyond baseball. I'd rather not go any further than that.  Just my opinion though. No doubt that he has been a great player for the Braves.

WDE

Yea I know he had his demons, but that was over in 1999. The way sports are now you just have to separate the athlete from their personal life. In today's sports world there is so much more coverage than before. From what I've heard the antics from the athletes back in augolf's day would make Tiger Woods blush with shame  :-X.

I can't keep up with all the derivations of "AUGolf" we have as members on this board.  :dunno:

WDE

Yea I know he had his demons, but that was over in 1999. The way sports are now you just have to separate the athlete from their personal life. In today's sports world there is so much more coverage than before. From what I've heard the antics from the athletes back in augolf's day would make Tiger Woods blush with shame  :-X.

its not that, but it's not worth getting into.  Great player. Hope the braves return to the glory days soon.

WDE

watch it buddy :tease:

WDE

Ill bet he could give us a David Langner story almost every day. :laugh:

Just a few of the games I will be going to.

Sat., Mar. 3  Detroit Tigers 1:05 PM

Tues., Mar. 6  Washington Nationals 1:05 PM

Fri., Mar. 9  New York Mets *SS  1:05 PM

Sat., Mar. 10  New York Yankees  1:05 PM

Sun., Mar. 11  Toronto Blue Jays *SS  1:05 PM

Wed., Mar. 14  Washington Nationals  6:05 PM

Fri., Mar. 16  Houston Astros  6:05 PM

Sat., Mar. 17  Toronto Blue Jays *SS  1:05 PM

Sun., Mar. 18  Baltimore Orioles  1:05 PM

Mon., Mar. 19  St Louis Cardinals  1:05 PM

Thurs., Mar. 22  Miami Marlins  1:05 PM

Fri., Mar. 23  New York Mets  1:05 PM

Sun., Mar. 25  Houston Astros  1:05 PM

Wed., Mar. 28  New York Yankees  1:05 PM

Fri., Mar. 30  Houston Astros *SS  6:05 PM

Sat., Mar. 31  Detroit Tigers   1:05 PM

Sun., Apr. 1  Philadelphia Phillies  1:05 PM

Mon., Apr. 2  New York Mets  12:00 PM

Ahh to live I Florida. Yankees suck btw  :P

I would expect better from you g >:(:P

If you keep your expectations low you can never be disappointed  :thumbsup:. I will admit I loved watching the Braves/Yankees WS. We just got hosed in '96. I'm not a big AL fan in general so it's always more interesting to me to see the Yanks or the Sox in the postseason.

Ahh to live I Florida. Yankees suck btw  :P

I would expect better from you g >:(:P

If you keep your expectations low you can never be disappointed  :thumbsup:. I will admit I loved watching the Braves/Yankees WS. We just got hosed in '96. I'm not a big AL fan in general so it's always more interesting to me to see the Yanks or the Sox in the postseason.

I'd hope no one is on this board.  :laugh::wedance:

Apparently Tommy Hanson had a wreck yesterday on his way to spring training.

KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) - Atlanta Braves pitcher Tommy Hanson has been diagnosed with a mild concussion after wrecking on his way to spring training.

Manager Fredi Gonzalez said Tuesday that Hanson will miss the first two days of spring training, then gradually work his way back into a normal routine. If there are no setbacks, he should be back at full strength within a week.

Hanson blew out a tire Monday near the Braves' Disney World complex and may have bumped his head on either the windshield or the steering wheel. The right-hander was diagnosed with a grade one concussion but apparently has no other injuries.

Hanson is expected to be one of the team's top starters, going 11-7 with a 3.60 ERA last season despite a shoulder injury.

So I'd like to see the Braves open up the year with this lineup:

CF Bourn (L)

LF Prado ®

C  McCann (L)

2B Uggla ®

RF Heyward (L)

3B Jones (S)

1B Freeman (L)

SS Pastornicky ®

P

I like Uggla in the cleanup spot more than McCann because he has more power. I also like Heyward higher in the order in the 5 spot so opponents will hopefully have to give him more fastballs with more runners on base. Also, I think it would serve Heyward well to have an experienced, patient hitter behind him in Chipper Jones. Man, I'm ready for baseball.

Oh and Jack Wilson strained his calf and will be out 4-6 weeks. So even with an awful Spring it looks like Pastornicky path to the starting lineup won't be impeded.

CF Bourn (L)

LF Prado ®

C  McCann (L)

2B Uggla ®

RF Heyward (L)

3B Jones (S)

1B Freeman (L)

SS Pastornicky ®

P

I like Uggla in the cleanup spot more than McCann because he has more power. I also like Heyward higher in the order in the 5 spot so opponents will hopefully have to give him more fastballs with more runners on base. Also, I think it would serve Heyward well to have an experienced, patient hitter behind him in Chipper Jones. Man, I'm ready for baseball.

Looks good but I'll be surprised if they take Chipper out of the 3 spot.

Until Heywood hits with consistency, I'd like to see him hit 6. I think we have to have someone who makes a lot of contact hit 5 so that Uggla will see some better pitches.

CF Bourn (L)

LF Prado ®

C  McCann (L)

2B Uggla ®

RF Heyward (L)

3B Jones (S)

1B Freeman (L)

SS Pastornicky ®

P

Looks good,I like the idea of splitting up the righty/lefties in the batting order.

Freeman could be swapped with JHey.

Yeah while I like this lineup I would be surprised if Chipper got bumped down in the order too. And I agree about needing someone more consistent behind Uggla, but I'd like to see this lineup for 2-3 weeks to start the season with the hope that it'll get Heyward back on track.

Freddie Freeman will miss the start of Spring Training with a tweaked knee. Should be back in a couple of weeks, though.

CF Bourn (L)

LF Prado ®

C  McCann (L)

2B Uggla ®

RF Heyward (L)

3B Jones (S)

1B Freeman (L)

SS Pastornicky ®

P

Looks good but I'll be surprised if they take Chipper out of the 3 spot.

Until Heywood hits with consistency, I'd like to see him hit 6. I think we have to have someone who makes a lot of contact hit 5 so that Uggla will see some better pitches.

Wow. ChuckTown I gotta say, you win the award for most annoying signature.  :tease:

ESPN insider had an article up earlier basically saying that the size of Molina's recent contract may drive Brian McCann's value too high for the Braves to re-sign him after next year. I'm biased, but I disagree. First, I think the Braves will be willing to pay McCann more because he will be the face of the franchise after Chipper reitres. Also, he is from Georgia and probably would like to continue his career there and may give a bit of a hometown discount. AND, when Chipper reitres that will be a sizable relief to the payroll so there should be a little money freed up for McCann.

Ready for baseball...

Well it looks like the Bravos are still in the September slump. They have been terrible this spring. Pitching, hitting, coaching, you name it it as been all around bad. There has been only one game where more that 3 runs were scored, and only 3 games where 3 or less runs were given up. I love Chipper and want him to get healthy, but the way it looks he might not even play 80 games this year. So far this spring the team is 1-9.

CF Bourn (L)

LF Prado ®

C  McCann (L)

2B Uggla ®

RF Heyward (L)

3B Jones (S)

1B Freeman (L)

SS Pastornicky ®

P

I agree with the exception of having Freeman so low. I think he needs to be a little higher. Although, in your lineup it gives us a little extra pop at the bottom.