Jalen Steele to Mississippi St??!?!??

Zimas4Ziemba

Now I know Barbee let him go and not the other way around! 

Starkville is about a quarter mile past the 9th circle of hell...

They call it starkvegas for a reason better strip club scene than Auburn.

J. Steele didn't feel like he fit in Barbee's dribble drive offense and they mutually decided it would be best to pursue other options.

Mississippi State has a good basketball program and J. Steele should enjoy some success during his time in Starkville.

Whay would coach Barbee allow him or any other player who wanted out then go sign with another SEC team?

Why wouldn't he? Barbee didn't recruit J. Steele.

Whay would coach Barbee allow him or any other player who wanted out then go sign with another SEC team?

Why wouldn't he? Barbee didn't recruit J. Steele.

Jonesy... I award this comment 1000 points... you now win at life.

I have seen in times past that a player, either FB or basketball, was released with the stipulation that he not join another conference team. I think the question is why Barbee didn't apply this. Have the rules changed or were press reports in prior years in error?

Let him go.. Doesn't matter what reason, he made his choice

I agree 100%, if Jalen doesn't want to be an Auburn Tiger then he should go somewhere else to find happiness.

Guest shirley4au9

Let him go.. Doesn't matter what reason, he made his choice

If he didn't want to be in Auburn, so be it. Some just don't fit in and need to find their niche. What I've heard of Barbee, I like. 

What you say if true. But that being said, I would hate to have a former signee come back beat us. JMO. :bow:

It is true, the latest I remember is Tony Douglas who transferred to FSU from Auburn and is now in the NBA. Thanks Lebo!

Archived