Softball game 3...Wreck Tech!

Mikey

Game three to start about 4:30 and will be on ESPN according to the TV announcers.

Go Wreck Tech! (Like all old Auburn guys, I have a serious dislike for the bugs from Atlanta. I don't even want them to win at Tiddlywinks!)

Tech up 1-0 going into the third. Three illegal pitches by the Auburn pitcher Bunner contributed to Tech's run.

You'd think that by this time of the year we'd know what constitutes an illegal pitch. Particularly since Bunner had one called on her in one inning of work in the first game.

2-1 bad guys after five complete. Loree pitching for Auburn since the third inning.

What happened with the girls? ESPN blacked out on direcTV because of some other crap that was scheduled. It was 2-1 in the 5th when that happened and everyone quit giving updates on here.

tech hit a two run home run i think the final was 4-1 we just left too many on base through all the games

They brought Anna Thompson in too late also.  Dont know why she didnt come in earlier.

They brought Anna Thompson in too late also.  Dont know why she didnt come in earlier.

After Tech went ahead 4-1 in the top of the last inning they brought Anna in and she set them down in order.

Anyway, we played 14 innings today and our ace, Anna Thompson, only pitched one inning so she'll be well rested for tomorrow.......Oh WAIT! Today's game against Ga. Tech, the top seeded team in our regional, was an ELIMINATION game. There won't be any tomorrow. Sure do wish our coaches had known that.

After Tech went ahead 4-1 in the top of the last inning they brought Anna in and she set them down in order.

Anyway, we played 14 innings today and our ace, Anna Thompson, only pitched one inning so she'll be well rested for tomorrow.......Oh WAIT! Today's game against Ga. Tech, the top seeded team in our regional, was an ELIMINATION game. There won't be any tomorrow. Sure do wish our coaches had known that.

I thought Bunner and Loree did good but why do you not throw your ace in an elimination game when she has not pitched at all today?  I did not understand that decision.  If you don't win today there is no tomorrow.

any of you that watched our games against JSU and tech today do you think the ump in in the tech game had a much wider strike zone than the ump in the JSU game?

any of you that watched our games against JSU and tech today do you think the ump in in the tech game had a much wider strike zone than the ump in the JSU game?

Definitely.  The ump squeezed Bunner big time.  It seemed like the strike zone for GT was a little wider than for our pitchers.  JMO.

Archived