UA vs AU score

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just sux listening to the bammers chant now.

I feel the same way about their breathing. :zapbama:

I initially misread your comment and thought you said "breeding" rather than "breathing."  I don't mind them breathing so much but the breeding is another story.

its the damn early game jinx..... it happens to us in football all the time. I thought it was just limited to football, but I guess in across the board with all sports.

Damn you schedulers!

I initially misread your comment and thought you said "breeding" rather than "breathing."  I don't mind them breathing so much but the breeding is another story.

I could go for both

its the damn early game jinx..... it happens to us in football all the time. I thought it was just limited to football, but I guess in across the board with all sports.

Damn you schedulers!

The next game will be at 9:30 also.  We better figure out a way to break that jinx.

that last at bat was a microcosm of our hitting for the entire game, swinging at the junk, and watching the third strike go by.  Our boys weren't up for this game and crumbled under pressure.  Hope we can learn from this game and rebound in this tournament to get ready for the NCAA's.  

I could go for both

Breeding is out of the question and breathing is questionable. Dang I hate us losing that game.

Well, that was awesome. But seriously, that's just baseball. It's very rare for our offense to not hit, but unfortunately, it was just one of those days for our hitters. We didn't hit much, and even when we did, we smoked it right at somebody. Just have to tip your hat to Nelson. He pitched a great game and got some breaks along the way. It's what happens in baseball. The only complaint I had about this game -- it's hard to really complain about the offense after what they've done this year -- is the walks from pitchers. I think half of their runs came around to score after being issued walks or being HBP. I don't care if a guy hits the ball 600 ft., but don't walk them and give them free baserunners! It's the biggest pet peave of mine in baseball. In the top of the ninth, the bases were loaded for Bama via two walks and a HBP. Sure enough, they came around to score. It happens every time. Walks and free passes come around to score. That has to be eliminated. The good news is we will probably get Ole Miss tomorrow and their best pitcher, Pomeranz, is pitching today so we won't face him. I fully expect the offense to come out and destroy tomorrow. I just don't want to go two-and-out in our first appearance in Hoover in seven years, and I don't think we will. I think this game will serve as a wake-up call and we will be ready tomorrow morning. Other than losing to Bama because losing to them sucks anytime, this game didn't mean a whole lot in terms of our NCAA regional position. Just a tough-luck loss. Let's get 'em tomorrow, Tigers!

Well, that was awesome. But seriously, that's just baseball. It's very rare for our offense to not hit, but unfortunately, it was just one of those days for our hitters. We didn't hit much, and even when we did, we smoked it right at somebody. Just have to tip your hat to Nelson. He pitched a great game and got some breaks along the way. It's what happens in baseball. The only complaint I had about this game -- it's hard to really complain about the offense after what they've done this year -- is the walks from pitchers. I think half of their runs came around to score after being issued walks or being HBP. I don't care if a guy hits the ball 600 ft., but don't walk them and give them free baserunners! It's the biggest pet peave of mine in baseball. In the top of the ninth, the bases were loaded for Bama via two walks and a HBP. Sure enough, they came around to score. It happens every time. Walks and free passes come around to score. That has to be eliminated. The good news is we will probably get Ole Miss tomorrow and their best pitcher, Pomeranz, is pitching today so we won't face him. I fully expect the offense to come out and destroy tomorrow. I just don't want to go two-and-out in our first appearance in Hoover in seven years, and I don't think we will. I think this game will serve as a wake-up call and we will be ready tomorrow morning. Other than losing to Bama because losing to them sucks anytime, this game didn't mean a whole lot in terms of our NCAA regional position. Just a tough-luck loss. Let's get 'em tomorrow, Tigers!

^^^^^That's it^^^^^^ Let's put that one to bed and move on! WDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, the goal is to win the tournament, regardless of opponent(s). Win tomorrow, and get back to probably play bama again. A USC loss would be much tougher as they got a deeper staff. But whoever comes our way, gotta get the sticks out and be patient. Nelson had two pitches working very effectively and kept our hitters off balance all day. We were anxious and helped him out immensely, particularly early on. We'll get em tomorrow.

Looks like we're not as good as we've been thinking we were.

This comment is crap!  >:( One loss against an ACE pitcher who has thrown THREE complete games in a row now does NOT a bad team make!!!

I'm sick to my stomach  :timeout:

Me too.

Me three. Hatch u wanna provide a vomiting pickle for me?

Best I could do...

piuyfgw.jpg

Check out the link to make sense out of it:

You know, this loss will only help us. We may have been too confident entering this game. Last time I've checked, these bammers were on a streak. Don't worry - someone will beat bammers and we'll win our bracket. No sweat!  :we:

yeah we got bammers true ace today.  It sux for us but not the next guys.  Does anyone know the rules on how many innings a pitcher can throw doing the SEC tournament, and did bammers ace pitch the complete game today?

Archived