Alex Dixon

• 1 month later...

Alex Dixon is coming to visit this weekend for the Senior Mini Camp.  He is a 6'0 180 lb DB from Countryside High School in Clearwater, FL (which is like 8 minutes from where I live).  From what I read on rivals he sounds excited about his upcoming visit.  I hope the coaches rock his face off this weekend. 

Alex Dixon is coming to visit this weekend for the Senior Mini Camp.  He is a 6'0 180 lb DB from Countryside High School in Clearwater, FL (which is like 8 minutes from where I live).  From what I read on rivals he sounds excited about his upcoming visit.  I hope the coaches rock his face off this weekend.  

:bananadance::wedance::party::we:

I'll use this thread to profile this guy! Thanks tampa! Also, I'm gonna change the "look" on my profiles... make them a little "easier on the eyes"!  ;)

Alex Dixon  Clearwater (Countryside H.S.), FL

787132.jpg

Ht: 6-foot-1

Wt: 185 lbs

40: 4.6

Vert: 25"

2009 stats: 5 interceptions

RIVALS rating: NR CB

SCOUT rating: 3*; #46 CB

ESPN rating: 3*, Grade of 78; #25 CB

(click on site name to link to profile)

Reported Offers: Auburn, Colorado, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Iowa State, Kentucky, Nebraska, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Rutgers, South Florida, Tennessee, Wake Forest, West Virginia

Dixon is considered to be the best defensive back in a Tampa Bay area that is loaded with talent. West Virginia was the first to offer this talented DB, followed by FSU and USF, both of which he has already visited, as well as Florida. Nebraska then offered Dixon, and he visited them for their Spring game with teammate OT Tyler Moore, who is already a Husker commit. While he claims to be wide open, a few schools stand out for Dixon. He has already promised to take official visits to UNC and Kentucky. Plus, he's maintains that local USF will be "in it till the end". UNC and USF have also both made strong impressions by telling Dixon that he is their #1 DB on their respective recruiting boards. Auburn offered in Mid-June, after evaluating Dixon for a while. He was VERY excited by the offer, and immediately planned a visit. Coach Jay Boulware is Dixon's lead recruiter, but it's his relationship with Coach Chizik that put AU in a prime position with this talented prospect.

“It means a lot to me that the head man is helping to recruit me,” Dixon said. “That’s big. Coach Chizik seems like a good coach. I have heard a lot about him because he used to coach one of my cousins (Leonard Johnson) at Iowa State. I have heard good things about him. It’s great that he has a history coaching defensive backs.”

Distance should not be a factor for Dixon, and it has even been rumored that he would actually like to get out of state.

"I don't really mind if I need to leave home," he said. "I just want to be able to play and improve and get to the next level. I'm looking for the place that has the best opportunity for me all around."

Tall, long and rangy are three words that have been used to describe Dixon. His height and speed are what makes him so intriguing to college coaches. He's shown that he can lock down WR's in man coverage with his long arms. He can also slide to safety, if need be, and that very well could be his permanent position down the road. Dixon has tons of raw potential and just needs the right coaching and discipline to hoan his talent. Coach Chizik and staff could definitely help in that department!

Dixon will be attending the AU Senior Mini Camp II on July 17th and then Florida's Friday Night Lights Camp on July 26.

This below was the best part : he wants to play for Chizik !

Coach Jay Boulware is Dixon's lead recruiter, but it's his relationship with Coach Chizik that put AU in a prime position with this talented prospect.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, so if we got Dixon and Roberson, what would that mean? Florence would be our last secondary guy?

I also don't think we would tell Thereize down.   

We have a good problem on our hands.

Ok, so if we got Dixon and Roberson, what would that mean? Florence would be our last secondary guy?

I don't think people understand that we're recruiting Thereize as a running back.  Not sure why everyone is so confused on this.  I know his S film looks good, but the coaches are convinced he can be a stud running back at AU so that's where he will play.

I don't think people understand that we're recruiting Thereize as a running back.  Not sure why everyone is so confused on this.  I know his S film looks good, but the coaches are convinced he can be a stud running back at AU so that's where he will play.

Do you see Therezie as more of a strong or free safety?

Do you see Therezie as more of a strong or free safety?

I see you with a black eye!  I spit on you!

I think this is a Ryan White situation honestly he looks good for offense, but he isn't a RB. IMO

I think this is a Ryan White situation honestly he looks good for offense, but he isn't a RB. IMO

How long do you guys think it will be before Ryan White starts practicing with the D?

How long do you guys think it will be before Ryan White starts practicing with the D?

I think he may end up running Scout team QB this season.

I used this older thread, instead of creating a new one.  Not sure how this thread starting discussing Ryan White and when he would start practicing with the defense, since it clearly states "Alex Dixon" in the title.

Anyway, there is an article on Rivals of his listing his top 7.  Are we still in it?  Any summary is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and War Damn Eagle!!!!

His Top 7 are AU, Clemson, North Carolina, South Florida, Tennessee, Florida and Kentucky. He doesn't name a leader. Has set up some official visits. He will visit Clemson first, Tennessee second, probably AU third and North Carolina fourth. He wants to visit Clemson and Tennessee first because he hasn't visited either yet. After the four visits he will then decide if he will visit a fifth school. He keeps in touch with Coach Chizik and Coach Lolley. He excited that Chizik has coach Thorpe Award winners. Getting family approval will be big in his decision. His mom did visit with him at AU, S Fla and Florida. He loves the city, facilities and the fact that people are crazy about football there. He's excited about a chance to play in the SEC. Doesn't mention when he will make a decision.

His Top 7 are AU, Clemson, North Carolina, South Florida, Tennessee, Florida and Kentucky. He doesn't name a leader. Has set up some official visits. He will visit Clemson first, Tennessee second, probably AU third and North Carolina fourth. He wants to visit Clemson and Tennessee first because he hasn't visited either yet. After the four visits he will then decide if he will visit a fifth school. He keeps in touch with Coach Chizik and Coach Lolley. He excited that Chizik has coach Thorpe Award winners. Getting family approval will be big in his decision. His mom did visit with him at AU, S Fla and Florida. He loves the city, facilities and the fact that people are crazy about football there. He's excited about a chance to play in the SEC. Doesn't mention when he will make a decision.

Thank you for the recap.  Let's hope Chizik and Lolley can help him see the light!

War Damn Eagle!

***UPDATE***

Okay, as Chaotic told us in this thread a couple weeks ago, that Chad Simmons of Scout.com had spoken with Alex Dixon earlier this month, and Dixon revealed that his "top 2" schools were Auburn and UNC... well Scout just released the interview, and in it Dixon goes into detail about his "favorites", and his plans for the near future...

Dixon says that he LOVES the coaching staff at AU, and that he feels VERY close to Coach Chizik because they are from the same area! Apparently, the staff BLEW Dixon and his mother away during their visit, b/c he hasn't stopped raving about it since! He says that the coaches told him that he would have a very good opportunity to come in a get playing time as a freshman, IF he came in a worked hard! Dixon says he has a good relationship with UNC as well, and likes Coach Butch Davis a lot, also. He still plans to take all five of his official visits, as of right now, though. AU and UNC will for SURE get the first two of those visits, and Dixon wants to bring his uncle (who is also helping with his recruitment) and his mom back with him to both schools, before he makes his decision. Dixon said that the other three officials could be used to visit Kentucky, Tennessee, and Clemson, plus he plans to "unofficially" visit South Florida again, since they are "right down the street". He says that he will commit, whenever he "feels right"!

VERY INTERESTING!!  :)

I'll use this thread to profile this guy! Thanks tampa! Also, I'm gonna change the "look" on my profiles... make them a little "easier on the eyes"!  ;)

Alex Dixon   Clearwater (Countryside H.S.), FL

787132.jpg

Ht: 6-foot-1

Wt: 185 lbs

40: 4.6

Vert: 25"

2009 stats: 5 interceptions

RIVALS rating: NR CB

SCOUT rating: 3*; #46 CB

ESPN rating: 3*, Grade of 78; #25 CB

(click on site name to link to profile)

Reported Offers: Auburn, Colorado, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Iowa State, Kentucky, Nebraska, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Rutgers, South Florida, Tennessee, Wake Forest, West Virginia

Dixon is considered to be the best defensive back in a Tampa Bay area that is loaded with talent. West Virginia was the first to offer this talented DB, followed by FSU and USF, both of which he has already visited, as well as Florida. Nebraska then offered Dixon, and he visited them for their Spring game with teammate OT Tyler Moore, who is already a Husker commit. While he claims to be wide open, a few schools stand out for Dixon. He has already promised to take official visits to UNC and Kentucky. Plus, he's maintains that local USF will be "in it till the end". UNC and USF have also both made strong impressions by telling Dixon that he is their #1 DB on their respective recruiting boards. Auburn offered in Mid-June, after evaluating Dixon for a while. He was VERY excited by the offer, and immediately planned a visit. Coach Jay Boulware is Dixon's lead recruiter, but it's his relationship with Coach Chizik that put AU in a prime position with this talented prospect.

“It means a lot to me that the head man is helping to recruit me,” Dixon said. “That’s big. Coach Chizik seems like a good coach. I have heard a lot about him because he used to coach one of my cousins (Leonard Johnson) at Iowa State. I have heard good things about him. It’s great that he has a history coaching defensive backs.”

Distance should not be a factor for Dixon, and it has even been rumored that he would actually like to get out of state.

"I don't really mind if I need to leave home," he said. "I just want to be able to play and improve and get to the next level. I'm looking for the place that has the best opportunity for me all around."

Tall, long and rangy are three words that have been used to describe Dixon. His height and speed are what makes him so intriguing to college coaches. He's shown that he can lock down WR's in man coverage with his long arms. He can also slide to safety, if need be, and that very well could be his permanent position down the road. Dixon has tons of raw potential and just needs the right coaching and discipline to hoan his talent. Coach Chizik and staff could definitely help in that department!

Dixon will be attending the AU Senior Mini Camp II on July 17th and then Florida's Friday Night Lights Camp on July 26.

reminds me of Neiko Thorpe tall for a corner but not the fatest corner

Archived