Auburn vs Rutgers

AUBURN05

Auburn will play in the SEC/Big East Invitational on December 11, 2010 in Pittsburgh.  Game will be televised on ESPN2.  Way to go Coach Barbee, already getting national exposure early in the season.

While no one is more high on Coach Barbee than I am, I think credit for this goes to JJ, if I am not mistaken.  Doesn't the AD do the scheduling?

:wedance:

^^^ I think you get invited. It's called Invitational, isn't it? But nonetheless, excellent grades on JJ's part to hire Barbee. Definitely a winnable game against Rutgers.  :party:

While no one is more high on Coach Barbee than I am, I think credit for this goes to JJ, if I am not mistaken.  Doesn't the AD do the scheduling?

:wedance:

Technically, yes, but no AD would schedule a FB or BB game without the head coach of that sport at least approving. As to who had the actual connection to get this ball rolling, there may be no way to tell.

• 2 weeks later...

That Rutgers game would be a good one!

especially when it's on ESPN2!

Good National exposure for a young but talented Auburn basketball team. They need to face early adversity like that... will help them when conference play starts.

Teams invited to participate in the DIRECTV SEC/BIG EAST Invitational are chosen by ESPN in consultation with the conferences and are based on geographic and competitive criteria.

Auburn has won four of five all-time games against Rutgers, most recently an 82-70 victory Dec. 8, 2002, at Auburn.

Auburn will play in the SEC/Big East Invitational on December 11, 2010 in Pittsburgh.  Game will be televised on ESPN2.  Way to go Coach Barbee, already getting national exposure early in the season.

Auburn would probably be playing anyway as I understand it. This is an agreement with the two conferences and ESPN and the schools within each conference play once every three years or so. 4th year of Invitational. First night Ark. plays Seton Hall and Ky. plays Notre Dame. On second night AU plays Rutgers and Tn. plays Pitt. Barbee really had nothing to do with this.

Teams invited to participate in the DIRECTV SEC/BIG EAST Invitational are chosen by ESPN in consultation with the conferences and are based on geographic and competitive criteria.

Auburn has won four of five all-time games against Rutgers, most recently an 82-70 victory Dec. 8, 2002, at Auburn.

good stat at the end

good stat at the end

agreed! Auburn b-ball is about to rise to a new level.

Archived