Alternative AU helmet(Beware traditionalist)

Chaotic_zx

Am I losing my mind? I thought they still had the tiger eyes inside the stadium. I personally think getting rid of the tiger eyes is not a good idea.

Where have you been?!?!

They have been gone for like 3 or 4 years now

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually would like to see it. No disrespect would be taken. At one time I used to take the pocket pros antenna

toppers and paint/sand them.

Ok, in that case, here ya go.  I wish I knew who did these so I could give them credit.  May have been someone on this board.  They were originally from auburntron.com I think but i have no idea who owns that site.

I still want to see what your version of the tiger eyes looks like.

auburn001.png

auburn002.png

auburn003.png

auburn004.png

15qsnki.jpg

I would like to see the white helmet, orange shell, and blue pants.

that is pretty cool, actually.

I actually would like to see it. No disrespect would be taken. At one time I used to take the pocket pros antenna

Ok, in that case, here ya go.  I wish I knew who did these so I could give them credit.  May have been someone on this board.  They were originally from auburntron.com I think but i have no idea who owns that site.

auburn001.png

auburn002.png

auburn003.png

auburn004.png

15qsnki.jpg

They would look better on a flaming grill ;D

auburn001.png

auburn002.png

auburn003.png

auburn004.png

15qsnki.jpg

They would look better on a flaming grill ;D

:laugh: although the uniforms look a bit of Florida's

I rest comfortable with the certain knowledge that it will never happen :hellyeah:

Thank You!!!!! Why mess with perfection?  We have Heidi Montage (I guess spelling is correct :dunno:) prior to nose replacement, chin reduction, breast implants dimples placed in cheeks(20 years from now her other cheeks will have more dimples than a Lady Precept golf ball).

Heidi was beautiful before they turned her into "The Wrestler". Our uniforms are perfect.  :we:

I rest comfortable with the certain knowledge that it will never happen :hellyeah:

Thank You!!!!! Why mess with perfection?  We have Heidi Montage (I guess spelling is correct :dunno:) prior to nose replacement, chin reduction, breast implants dimples placed in cheeks(20 years from now her other cheeks will have more dimples than a Lady Precept golf ball).

Heidi was beautiful before they turned her into "The Wrestler". Our uniforms are perfect.  :we:

Interesting analogy there Kevon

You are completely right about Heidi.  My wife and I watched the series finale of the Hills Tuesday night  :-X  and they were showing past clips of Heidi along with the new clips.  It was sad!  I feel sorry for her family for basically "losing" a daughter, and for her for allowing people to manipulate her self esteem enough to completely change your appearance.  She was naturally beautiful before destroying what God gave her.  I wont keep going since it is off topic but I hated to see her do that.  ..... Back on topic: I like tradition, but I would definitely use those unis on NCAA 11  :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Here's a prototype that has been put together...  They also have a navy blue prototype, but I can't find the picture I had of it.  The navy one looked really good!

• 2 weeks later...

The tiger eyes were official.   They are being phased out, though.  Auburn is trying to get rid of them all together.

I really liked the eyes, they have even removed them from the outside the endzone where the team enters from Tiger Walk.  I believe phasing it out comes from Borges' wife stating that we should only have 1 logo to market, and the name AUBURN should only be written 1 way, that way it is more reconizable nationally. But I dont completely agree and its obvious the NFL doesnt agree either, look at how many different jerseys a NFL team will wear, all to help sales, more choices the more sales. 

I can only hope someone will bring the eyes back one day!

War Eagle! 

The tiger eyes were official.   They are being phased out, though.  Auburn is trying to get rid of them all together.

I really liked the eyes, they have even removed them from the outside the endzone where the team enters from Tiger Walk.  I believe phasing it out comes from Borges' wife stating that we should only have 1 logo to market, and the name AUBURN should only be written 1 way, that way it is more reconizable nationally. But I dont completely agree and its obvious the NFL doesnt agree either, look at how many different jerseys a NFL team will wear, all to help sales, more choices the more sales. 

I can only hope someone will bring the eyes back one day!

War Eagle!  

Its probably just me but I thought the tiger eyes looked trashy and cheap

I know some won't agree but to many of the students think the same. I'm sorta glad they are gone

auburn001.png

COOL!

auburn002.png

auburn003.png

auburn004.png

15qsnki.jpg

• 4 months later...

I was looking through a website at vectors and ran across a blank Riddell Revolution helmet. I thought what the heck and made an alternate AU helmet. I figure if nothing else, it will get a rise out of the traditionalist in the group. Before you say anything, I already know you hate it.  ;) lol

AU-Revo-1.jpg

:wareagle:i like it..wde

• 4 weeks later...

166122_583147636869_156804585_32706182_7433022_n.jpg

Interesting pic with the original orange jerseys I lifted out of the '79 Glom.  1978 Auburn Georgia game.  Remember the old scoreboard?  This is the first Auburn game I can remember attending as a kid.  22 - 22 tie.  Orange is bad luck man.

166122_583147636869_156804585_32706182_7433022_n.jpg

Interesting pic with the original orange jerseys I lifted out of the '79 Glom.  1978 Auburn Georgia game.  Remember the old scoreboard?  This is the first Auburn game I can remember attending as a kid.  22 - 22 tie.  Orange is bad luck man.

^^This^^ God I hated that game. Hope to never see us in Orange jerseys

Heh, I've actually got one of these jerseys, #90, and actually contemplated wearing from time to time but just can't bring myself to do it.

How the heck did you get one of those god awful jerseys?

A childhood friend's aunt was doing her graduate teaching at AU in the late 70s and some of her students got it for her.  I don't know for sure how they got it, but could probably guess.  Anyway, we've traded it back and forth over the years and it just happens to currently be in my possession.  Kind of an interesting, historical artifact I guess.  I wore it in an intramural game once - this was mid 90s, it had been so long, nobody knew what it was.  Just some orange jersey.  Some of the white is actually starting to fade off and the numbers are blue underneath, but otherwise, it's in great condition for a 30 plus year old jersey.

Funny story:  when we were kids, around 83 or 84, my buddy wore it to an autograph signing in the town we're from.  Randy Campbell was there and said, "Hey where did you get that?  It used to belong to a good friend of mine named Vernon Blackard." 

Cool times.

My lord what a story. Where you in a frat house? I really can't believe you got one of those jerseys. Hang onto it if you do. I am sorry but I hate those damn jerseys. Bad memories!!!!! Vernon Blackard damn a name from the past.

Yeah, if it were my decision to make, the only place you'd ever see Auburn wearing orange in public would be at A day.  I'm perfectly happy with the status quo as far as outfits go.  I wasn't greek, I played IM football with a bunch of wildlife science majors I knew.

Archived