As of right now... who are the Heats top 7 players?

guerra aguila

I obviously know the first 3.

I heard Beasley will be traded?

if so... Who will be the top 7 players on the roster.

I was just wondering because I havent been keeping up lately with work being so hectic.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

I just want to see where they compare with the other top teams.

Looks like we got ourselves some excitement coming in 2011.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just wondering because I havent been keeping up lately with work being so hectic.

They got LeBron, Bosh, Wade, and Mario Chalmers on their roster right now. They just traded Beasley. They are going to sign all 3 of their rookies: Dexter Pittman, Jarvis Varnado, and Da'Sean Butler.

They have to have 12 players on their roster, and at that point they'll only have 7. So the next 5 players will be players being paid the league minimum. Pat Riley is going to try to convince quality role players to play for a championship-contending team for less pay

They got LeBron, Bosh, Wade, and Mario Chalmers on their roster right now. They just traded Beasley. They are going to sign all 3 of their rookies: Dexter Pittman, Jarvis Varnado, and Da'Sean Butler.

They have to have 12 players on their roster, and at that point they'll only have 7. So the next 5 players will be players being paid the league minimum. Pat Riley is going to try to convince quality role players to play for a championship-contending team for less pay

See Ron Artest and the Lakers... he knew he would have to straighten up if he was ever going to snag a title. He did a good job this year of staying out of the spot light.

If the heat can get a couple more role players... then they will be a 50+ win team in 2011.

Im looking forward to watching them play and I think they will be a force.

Boston is going to be great again... LA still has a chance to be tough... the Magic are very athletic.

I still think the Thunder will be in the mix as long as Durant is there, those guys can fly around.

Nuggets will be around.

anyway... I have not forgotten about the bulls...

I spend so much time watching the lakers... I dont know much else about the league.

They'll be a 50+ win team easily this year whether they get other solid players or a bunch of scrubs, the Heat won 47 last year with Wade and NOBODY else. That nucleus is too good, especially in regular season ball. They'll need a solid bench if they want to win the East in the playoffs, but I dont doubt that Pat Riley will get good players to buy in and take minimum salary to play alongside these guys

They'll be a 50+ win team easily this year whether they get other solid players or a bunch of scrubs, the Heat won 47 last year with Wade and NOBODY else. That nucleus is too good, especially in regular season ball. They'll need a solid bench if they want to win the East in the playoffs, but I dont doubt that Pat Riley will get good players to buy in and take minimum salary to play alongside these guys

If he cant, then WOW... something is wrong lol.

I can not tell you who the Heat's top 7 players are, but I can tell you who the 5 best rappers of all time are:

1. Dylan

2. Dylan

3. Dylan

4. Dylan

5. Dylan

(He spits hot fire!)

;D

they need a true center who will crash the boards and can rebound and they need another strong point defender.  don't want to wear out you're jewels playing tight D.

Is it just me thats really impressed with their draft class...?

I got to see a lot of Varnado and Butler because Varnado played AU a lot and Butler was always on TV. Pittman was known as a solid center at Texas. They have a very solid draft class!

also Jon Scheyer is on their D-league team and could get a look...BTW 50 wins? Lebron had 60 w/ no one else. For all the bashing he has taken, people forget that their is a good reason practically every team in the league wanted him. Also he is not a ball hog, so I don't even think he'll need 100 shots to get his points. Anyway just wanted to get that out, not blowing up on anyone, just hate seeing Lebron get roasted so much.

It'd be very benefical if Ilgauskas signed with Heat. Bosh can do his thing inside and Z could shoot from perimeter, a win-win situation

also Jon Scheyer is on their D-league team and could get a look...BTW 50 wins? Lebron had 60 w/ no one else. For all the bashing he has taken, people forget that their is a good reason practically every team in the league wanted him. Also he is not a ball hog, so I don't even think he'll need 100 shots to get his points. Anyway just wanted to get that out, not blowing up on anyone, just hate seeing Lebron get roasted so much.

50 plus wins is good enough... gotta see how the rest of the roster shapes up first.

One more thing about the Ball hog comment... I dont think James is a ball hog, I think hes depended on to much to win every game.

He needs a legitimate point guard that can get the ball down the floor, and penetrate down the lane and dish the ball off. If James can play his natural position in the final minutes of the game... I think it will make him far more beneficial to the team. He needs to come get the basketball rather than bring it down the floor.

All the defense does is pack it in and take the lane away from him... forcing him to take difficult shot attempts.

D-Wade can play the 1 or the 2, and I believe this will help take attention away from Lebron, and open up more dunks and shots off the dribble so Lebron can utilize his speed and size to get to the rim.

just my 1 cent. I cant even get in 2.  ;)

Haslem helps.  I still say they need that true center and a true PG.  Money is VERY short.  Signing Haslem makes it look like they will start Bosh in the 5 hole (you probly won't start that rookie there right away).

Getting excited about THE heat :D

One more thing about the Ball hog comment... I dont think James is a ball hog, I think hes depended on to much to win every game.

He needs a legitimate point guard that can get the ball down the floor, and penetrate down the lane and dish the ball off. If James can play his natural position in the final minutes of the game... I think it will make him far more beneficial to the team. He needs to come get the basketball rather than bring it down the floor.

All the defense does is pack it in and take the lane away from him... forcing him to take difficult shot attempts.

D-Wade can play the 1 or the 2, and I believe this will help take attention away from Lebron, and open up more dunks and shots off the dribble so Lebron can utilize his speed and size to get to the rim.

just my 1 cent. I cant even get in 2.  ;)

I agree with what you're saying but sometimes Lebron gets so frustrated that he'd shoot difficult shots, such as fadeaways, shooting while moving, going for it while double-teamed or triple-teamed. He's really frustrated because of his supporting cast.

he doesn't have that issue now.  he has players on his team that are capable of creating their own shot.  I mean, who do you double team?  Bosh, Wade, or Lebron?  Its going to be nuts.  I see alot of zone.  No team has enough top defenders to stop both of the wings.

he doesn't have that issue now.  he has players on his team that are capable of creating their own shot.  I mean, who do you double team?  Bosh, Wade, or Lebron?  Its going to be nuts.  I see alot of zone.  No team has enough top defenders to stop both of the wings.

I think the Lakers do... Artest, Odom, and Gasol are all very good defenders and Kobe is one of the best SG defenders in the league.

Bynum is 7 feet tall and so is Gasol, and Odom is 6'10.

Lakers certainly have the length to disrupt a few drives down the lane.

Im a Lakers fan so my opinion wont get much credit... but there is a reason those guys are back to back champs.

One more off-season for the Heat, and I think they are title contenders.

They certainly could be in 2010... but the rest of the roster is a question mark until they finalize it.

GA, forgive me for saying this...I still think Celtics should have won that championship. But Lakers finished it and they deserved to win that. Yes Lakers have a lengthy frontcourt but Celtics were beating them with athleticism, which Gasol and Odom don't have IMO

I think the Lakers do... Artest, Odom, and Gasol are all very good defenders and Kobe is one of the best SG defenders in the league.

Im a Lakers fan so my opinion wont get much credit... but there is a reason those guys are back to back champs.

They certainly could be in 2010... but the rest of the roster is a question mark until they finalize it.

I'm hearin you.  The lakers still dominate the west.  Youre best 2 perimeter defenders are what, Kobe and Artest?  Which one gets Dwade and which one gets Lebron?  Gasol  will have to get alot meaner to guard Bosh.  It will be a fun matchup.

I'm hearin you.  The lakers still dominate the west.  Youre best 2 perimeter defenders are what, Kobe and Artest?  Which one gets Dwade and which one gets Lebron?  Gasol  will have to get alot meaner to guard Bosh.  It will be a fun matchup.

Kobe gets Wade(Shannon Brown can provide help off the bench) and Artest/Odom gets Bosh. If Bynum comes back healthy he and Gasol will be tough to guard considering I dont know how deep the Heat will be with big men.

They will get in foul trouble if they dont get more bodies to guard those lengthy guys.

Gasol had 9 of the 23 Offensive rebounds that the Lakers had in Title game. Say what you want... but he is a lot tougher than he got credit for.

The Heat are fresh blood and everybody is excited about this new Trio of players... Im even excited... but not convinced they are a more complete team than the Lakers.

Its going to take a little more time.

Derek Fisher still hits big shots... Steve Blake will add a new shooting weapon to the Lakers arsenal.

Vudajacic is all over the place...  and Kobe is the best closer in the game.

You said that the Celtics were more athletic than the Lakers? then how did the Lakers hold them to 79 points?

All in All... the Lakers are the most hated team in the NBA... A lot of people hate Boston just as much.

So I understand why people want them to fail, because they win a lot... If Bynum is healthy in 2010... not a single player the heat have will be able to stop him... they might contain him for a while... but hes still not at his full potential.

Archived