As of right now... who are the Heats top 7 players?

guerra aguila

no doubt about it, Lakers are the team to beat. Right, what Gasol lacks in athleticism he makes up for his IQ and his height. Blake is an upgrade when Farmar left. Lakers won the title because Celtics did not finish their plays and made some turnovers. But like I said, Lakers deserved to win, it was a great series that could have gone Boston's way.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did I say the celts were more athletic than the lakers?  I've had some beers this week, so if I said that I don't really believe it.  I'm a lakers fan partly.  I rarely find myself pulling against them.  Always liked the magic and the heat. 

i won't even disagree with you that the lakers are the best team in the league.  I feel like the trio in south beach, with the right support personell, can out play the magic and celts in the east. 

As far as the heat/lakers matchup...  you're saying Artest/Odom double Bosh?  Artest would have to stick DWade and put Kobe on Lebron.  Fisher could stick Dwade also.  Gasol came to the playoffs pissed.  He did not bang around folks all season long like he did in the post season.  And thats ok... maybe he found his nasty streak. 

*shrug*  I think if the Heat get a true center (or if one of their new signees can handle it) and a solid point guard/defender, they should run the east.  No excuses.  There won't be many nights all 3 of the big 3 have a bad night.

Did I say the celts were more athletic than the lakers?  I've had some beers this week, so if I said that I don't really believe it.  I'm a lakers fan partly.  I rarely find myself pulling against them.  Always liked the magic and the heat. 

i won't even disagree with you that the lakers are the best team in the league.  I feel like the trio in south beach, with the right support personell, can out play the magic and celts in the east. 

As far as the heat/lakers matchup...  you're saying Artest/Odom double Bosh?  Artest would have to stick DWade and put Kobe on Lebron.  Fisher could stick Dwade also.  Gasol came to the playoffs pissed.  He did not bang around folks all season long like he did in the post season.  And thats ok... maybe he found his nasty streak. 

*shrug*  I think if the Heat get a true center (or if one of their new signees can handle it) and a solid point guard/defender, they should run the east.  No excuses.  There won't be many nights all 3 of the big 3 have a bad night.

2010 is the foundation for the Heat... I will expect them in the Title game within the next 3 years.

Jon Scheyer was awesome for Duke, I'm excited to see how he plays for Heat

I love Scheyer... kid plays with a lot of heart. He can shoot as good as anybody in the League... will be a nice asset.

I love Scheyer... kid plays with a lot of heart. He can shoot as good as anybody in the League... will be a nice asset.

I'm a BIG Duke fan, I'll root every Duke player that goes in NBA...Zoubek is working out with Nets

I'm a BIG Duke fan, I'll root every Duke player that goes in NBA...Zoubek is working out with Nets

been watching Duke since 92 brotha... Always will be a tiger in heart... but Duke has been with me a long time.

been watching Duke since 92 brotha... Always will be a tiger in heart... but Duke has been with me a long time.

started to be a Blue Devil fan since '02 because of Coach K and JJ Redick is my favorite college bball player...the championship was a heaven

but as far as matchups go I don't think Odom can guard Bosh. I mean if big baby is too fast for him, then he has no shot at Bosh. I would love to see Heat/Lakers like everyone else though. Kobe is my 1a fav and LeBron is my 1b fav player so wherever they go I root for them. But I've become more of a Lakers fan.

Bryant will guard Wade. Artest will guard James. Gasol and Bynum will switch on and off Bosh. Fisher is still a pretty good defender who will guard Chalmers, who the Heat don't have a lot of confidence in right now being that they offered his starting job to Fisher. MC is also not the fastest guy out there so DF shouldn't have trouble keeping up with him. Odom is a double double guy off the bench. Mike Miller will play well for the Heat but how well? Top to bottom the Lakers are a better team. That was a beat up Lakers team that won it all. Bryant(fingers, ankle, knee) Odom(flu) Bynum(knee) Artest(shoulder). Get them healthy and they're unstoppable.

Signs are pointing to Raja Bell joining the Lakers. He's another great defender and a good three point shooter. Steve Blake is an excellent shooter as well.

^^^ this would be huge if the Lakers could pick up Bell.

I obviously know the first 3.

I heard Beasley will be traded?

if so... Who will be the top 7 players on the roster.

I was just wondering because I havent been keeping up lately with work being so hectic.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

I just want to see where they compare with the other top teams.

Looks like we got ourselves some excitement coming in 2011.

Their roster is still a work in progress, but here's how it stands right now.

Zydrunas Ilgauskas    is almost a done deal to join the Heat.

Mike Miller                was thought to be a lock but now may be backing off.

Joel Anthony            6'9'' center,  has a qualifying offer from the Heat.

Mario Chalmers

Dwayne Wade

Lebron James

Udonis Haslem

Chris Bosh

Then rookies Dexter Pittman, Da'Sean Butler, and Jarvis Varnado.

I obviously know the first 3.

I heard Beasley will be traded?

if so... Who will be the top 7 players on the roster.

I was just wondering because I havent been keeping up lately with work being so hectic.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

I just want to see where they compare with the other top teams.

Looks like we got ourselves some excitement coming in 2011.

Their roster is still a work in progress, but here's how it stands right now.

Zydrunas Ilgauskas     is almost a done deal to join the Heat.

Mike Miller                was thought to be a lock but now may be backing off.

Joel Anthony            6'9'' center,  has a qualifying offer from the Heat.

Mario Chalmers

Dwayne Wade

Lebron James

Udonis Haslem

Chris Bosh

Then rookies Dexter Pittman, Da'Sean Butler, and Jarvis Varnado.

Certainly an impressive roster. Its going to be a lot of fun next year watching these top teams compete.

That's good to hear about the two rookies. Resigning Shannon Brown now is a must. I was really hoping to get Bell though. That kind of experienced veteran would have been perfect coming off the bench.

Raja Bell pulled a switcharoo and will sign with the Utah Jazz instead.

ebank and character should do just fine... heard they are doing well in summer league.

Caracter is a big boy. Barbee really taught him well.

I was just watching espn and saw an interview with Penny Hardaway and he says he wants to make a comeback with the Heat.

I bet he does... with all that talent there.

The Heat ate finalizing a deal with Jamal Magloire. That would make 4-5 centers on their roster. To many if you ask me.

One could play as a power forward...an ideal position for Z.

The Heat ate finalizing a deal with Jamal Magloire. That would make 4-5 centers on their roster. To many if you ask me.

One could play as a power forward...an ideal position for Z.

I guess 6'9 C Joel Anthony could play some PF for them. They're looking to sign Juwan Howard at that position and they signed draft pick Dexter Pittman. Jarvis(MSU) still has to be signed but I wonder if he will end up in the NBDL with all these others guys hogging the paint. Still seems like a lot of low post players and not enough guard play. Here's an espn article on some of the plans and moves they've made.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5388692

Archived