Straight from John Kerry

Tigermike

Back in January I sent some questions to John Kerry. He nor anyone at his campaign have ever bothered to answer any of the questions but they have asked for money and send campaign info regularly. I received one today and they made these charges.

Would anyone like to respond? Is there any truth to any of these statements or are they exaggerated and misleading?

It's no secret that in the last four years, the Bush administration has eliminated major protections designed to keep Americans safe at home and work.

George Bush is taking away the right to overtime pay from up to 6 million Americans, including nurses, cooks, clerical workers, and nursery school teachers.

George Bush allowed dirty power plants to expand without controlling their emissions.

George Bush endangered pregnant workers when he stopped regulating exposure to the chemicals used in the manufacturing of semiconductors.

George Bush rolled back mercury regulations and proposed to defer controls on toxic mercury emissions by power plants for at least a decade.

George Bush reduced protections for mine workers and eliminated rules to protect workers from tuberculosis.

George Bush gutted health and safety protections in response to pressure from top donors and corporate lobbyists. For example, David Lauriski, head of the Mine Safety and Health Administration, removed protections for coal workers, that he originally sought when he was serving as an executive of a mining company. Chemical industry executives donated more than $1.5 million to Bush's 2000 campaign and were rewarded with looser regulations that boosted corporate profits but put pregnant workers at greater risk.

We need you to get the word out in your community that George Bush sacrifices public safety in favor of corporate profit. Quote

Archived