Jaylon Denson

TigerProwl24

DJ, what do you know about Denson? I haven't heard much about him but it looks like he is making a name for himself. I guess this isn't the first camp he has shined in.  http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1101857      War Eagle! Our staff is all over it!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard he'll commit Monday. Then on August 1, Jonathan Rose will be ours. Recruiting at Auburn should be fun to watch for the next few months. War Damn Eagle!!!!

Florence will be sometime soon too.

DJ, what do you know about Denson? I haven't heard much about him but it looks like he is making a name for himself. I guess this isn't the first camp he has shined in.   http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1101857      War Eagle! Our staff is all over it!

I'm profiling him AS WE SPEAK... er um type... or read... or whatever!!!  :laugh: Comin' right up!!  :thumbsup:

I thought we were only had room for 2 WRs this year..... now we have Coates, Woodson is considering AU, Richardson was the guy we wanted and then there is Denison?  How many WRs can we afford to take this year??

WDE!

I thought we were only had room for 2 WRs this year..... now we have Coates, Woodson is considering AU, Richardson was the guy we wanted and then there is Denison?  How many WRs can we afford to take this year??

WDE!

I would just trust that our coaches have a plan for everything. At the end of the day, we will fill our recruiting needs appropriately.

WDE!

I think us taking Coates today and likely taking Denson on Monday will close the door on Woodson. It looks like we will be taking 3 guys including Richardson.

Rivals states:

Ht:6'3"

Wt:190 lbs

40:4.6 secs

Unranked

The word that came out of the mouth of anyone who saw Denson play was "wow." Denson was the most dominant player at the event and was quite literally uncoverable.

Scout states:

Ht: 6-2

Wt: 195

40: 4.53

ESPN states:

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 190 lbs.

Position: TE

No evaluation available at this time.

Jaylon Denson   Hoover, AL (Hoover HS)

untitled-2.jpg

Ht: 6-foot-3

Wt: 195 lbs

40: 4.53

Vert:

2008 stats:

RIVALS rating: NR WR

SCOUT rating: NR WR

ESPN rating: NR TE

(click on site name to link to profile)

HIGHLIGHTS:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5250613 (not very good, look for #88)

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/team/videos.aspx?schoolid=c5a22c7b-ff61-416b-be5d-f18948147988&ssid=f11d21e3-d9ab-4c9b-974b-ff4fcfed5c76&videoid=FE01EF84-9542-4CF1-9526-9510914F73B2  (this is of last year's Hoover vs. Spain Park game, again look for #88)

Not much is known about this personable, tough-nosed WR. What is known is that he plays for one of the BEST high school football teams in the nation at Hoover High. Also, we know that last year, Denson played behind two D-1 signees in Maudrecus Humphries and Josh McGee, who signed with Arkansas and So. Miss, respectively. We also know that this spring and summer, Denson has worked VERY hard to make himself a MUCH better player, and he has also grown a couple of inches. His hard work first paid off at a recent 7-on-7 even in Duncan, SC. It was there that Denson BLEW the competition away, and left everyone in attendence shocked at his dominant playmaking ability and talent level! Apparently, none of the DB's at the event were able to defend the atletic WR.

Then came the recent Auburn Senior Mini-Camp, which Denson also attended in hopes of simply continuing to raise his stock so that he might soon receive his VERY FIRST offer. Well, as we now know, he did much more that raise his stock. Denson fought hard ALL day, maximizing his size and speed and showing off his soft hands and AUsome jumping ability. And apparently, the Auburn coaches liked what they saw out of Denson enough to give him that long-awaited first offer, after his performance! The offer left Denson if shock!

Per Scout: “They said they liked the way I competed,” Densen said. “The way I got after it and fought for the ball. They said they want me on their team.”

Denson was accompanied by his Mother and his HS coach, Josh Niblett. He says they they will all be returning to the AU campus on Monday, and that he might just END his recruitment then and there!

“I like everything about Auburn,” Densen said. “The fact that they are a family oriented football team. The fact that they care about you and aren’t going to leave you out to dry. I like that. I come from a good home and if I go there I feel like I’ll have the same thing."

I would expect there to be MUCH more news and info coming out in the near future about Mr. Denson. This is yet another example of this coaching staff's ability to find recruits who have "flown under the radar" before the rest of the nation discovers them! With the type of talent Denson possesses, and the championship-caliber team that he'll have at Hoover surrounding him, I expect this to be yet ANOTHER AU prospect whose stock will eventually SOAR, once he gets a chance to show off what he's capable of!

I know we all want Jeremy Richardson back in the 2011 class. I know his plan is to go through Spring Practice but are we sure he will be eligible by then?

No way to know yet...I read earlier that it will be more like November or so before we'll know about his status...

I hope he makes it in though!

He will have an idea of how the Fall Semester is going.  Unless he shares that info, we won't know anything until the Fall Semester is over in December.

i doubt richardson qualifies in time, that is alot of book work to do in a very short time!

I know we all want Jeremy Richardson back in the 2011 class. I know his plan is to go through Spring Practice but are we sure he will be eligible by then?

No way to know yet...I read earlier that it will be more like November or so before we'll know about his status...

I hope he makes it in though!

it must be frustrating from Richardson's perspective, seeing all these offers and commitments going on. Probably the best motivation for him to get things straightened out and get back on the team.

i doubt richardson qualifies in time, that is alot of book work to do in a very short time!

Let's give him the benefit of doubt.  Give him encouragement and be positive.  I think he gets it done. 

Let's give him the benefit of doubt.  Give him encouragement and be positive.  I think he gets it done. 

I agree. From everything I've read about his situation let's stand by him. If we expect these guys to show some character, I expect we should do the same.

ESPN has him as a TE.  Now he is moved to WR.  I'm thinking that he might be perfect for the slot reciever.  Trust me though I will let the coaches figure out what to do.  I am just throwing it out there.

Archived