Jaylon Denson

TigerProwl24

Denson had two good TD catches in Hoover's Spring Game. He also blocked a punt from around the edge and recovered it for a TD as well.

He does have great hands (and large hands as well, one of his TD catches in that game was one-handed). He is still learning the WR position and does not have elite speed. He could be a great slot/possession WR though. I think it will be great to see what he does this year

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to a buddy of mine that is one of his coaches at Hoover... He can fly, tall, and is the real deal.

Thanks! Keep us informed as to how he's looking in practice!  :thumbsup:

Can we get a schedule of the National Select 7 on 7 Championship, July 22-24, at Hoover High School.  We have several commits and recruits playing in that, like Frazier and Denson.  I would love for AE to have a crowd there to see these guys play. 

Can we get a schedule of the National Select 7 on 7 Championship, July 22-24, at Hoover High School.  We have several commits and recruits playing in that, like Frazier and Denson.  I would love for AE to have a crowd there to see these guys play.   

I'm kinda old fashioned....I like taking Saturdays to spend time with my or DJ Hatch's family.  I'm going to have to pass on the Hoover Tourny.    :trampoline:

I'm kinda old fashioned....I like taking Saturdays to spend time with my or DJ Hatch's family.  I'm going to have to pass on the Hoover Tourny.    :trampoline:

Willis.jpg

I wonder where this might leave us with guys like Tacoi Sumler and Joseph Morrow as well.  Maybe the coaches are just trying to sign the best talent they see available more so than worrying about exact numbers at different positions.

I wonder where this might leave us with guys like Tacoi Sumler and Joseph Morrow as well.  Maybe the coaches are just trying to sign the best talent they see available more so than worrying about exact numbers at different positions.

Sumler is most likely going to commit to Oregon sometime soon.

I would like to know some info on the Hoover Tournament as well. Its just a short drive for me from downtown Bham. I definitely wanna attend.

I'll be there I'm pretty excited to see Kiehl in person.

Jaylon Denson   Hoover, AL (Hoover HS)

untitled-2.jpg

Ht: 6-foot-3

Wt: 195 lbs

40: 4.53

Vert:

2008 stats:

RIVALS rating: NR WR

SCOUT rating: NR WR

ESPN rating: NR TE

(click on site name to link to profile)

HIGHLIGHTS:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5250613 (not very good, look for #88)

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/team/videos.aspx?schoolid=c5a22c7b-ff61-416b-be5d-f18948147988&ssid=f11d21e3-d9ab-4c9b-974b-ff4fcfed5c76&videoid=FE01EF84-9542-4CF1-9526-9510914F73B2  (this is of last year's Hoover vs. Spain Park game, again look for #88)

Not much is known about this personable, tough-nosed WR. What is known is that he plays for one of the BEST high school football teams in the nation at Hoover High. Also, we know that last year, Denson played behind two D-1 signees in Maudrecus Humphries and Josh McGee, who signed with Arkansas and So. Miss, respectively. We also know that this spring and summer, Denson has worked VERY hard to make himself a MUCH better player, and he has also grown a couple of inches. His hard work first paid off at a recent 7-on-7 even in Duncan, SC. It was there that Denson BLEW the competition away, and left everyone in attendence shocked at his dominant playmaking ability and talent level! Apparently, none of the DB's at the event were able to defend the atletic WR.

Then came the recent Auburn Senior Mini-Camp, which Denson also attended in hopes of simply continuing to raise his stock so that he might soon receive his VERY FIRST offer. Well, as we now know, he did much more that raise his stock. Denson fought hard ALL day, maximizing his size and speed and showing off his soft hands and AUsome jumping ability. And apparently, the Auburn coaches liked what they saw out of Denson enough to give him that long-awaited first offer, after his performance! The offer left Denson if shock!

Per Scout: “They said they liked the way I competed,” Densen said. “The way I got after it and fought for the ball. They said they want me on their team.”

Denson was accompanied by his Mother and his HS coach, Josh Niblett. He says they they will all be returning to the AU campus on Monday, and that he might just END his recruitment then and there!

“I like everything about Auburn,” Densen said. “The fact that they are a family oriented football team. The fact that they care about you and aren’t going to leave you out to dry. I like that. I come from a good home and if I go there I feel like I’ll have the same thing."

I would expect there to be MUCH more news and info coming out in the near future about Mr. Denson. This is yet another example of this coaching staff's ability to find recruits who have "flown under the radar" before the rest of the nation discovers them! With the type of talent Denson possesses, and the championship-caliber team that he'll have at Hoover surrounding him, I expect this to be yet ANOTHER AU prospect whose stock will eventually SOAR, once he gets a chance to show off what he's capable of!

Thanks for that DJ! Sounds like we are fixing to get not just another great football talent, but also a great person. This young man has "Auburn Man" written all over him!!!

I would like to know some info on the Hoover Tournament as well. Its just a short drive for me from downtown Bham. I definitely wanna attend.

I'd like to know too! I work in downtown Bham and ill be there that day probably anyway, so itd be a good chance to drive over

Here is the info I've found. Link is http://www.select7on7.com/index.php

Nike SPARQ (July 22) events: 40 yrd, 5-10-5 shuttle, Vertical jump, Kneeling powerball toss.

10a-Hoover A/Hoover B

1030a-Springdale Har-ber/Shiloh Christian

1045a- Bob Jones

11a-North Gwinnett

1115a-Grady

1215p-Carver

These are the recruits that should be in attendance that are on AU's list per Rivals.

Name/School/Pos/height/weight/40/star rank by Rivals/committed if any

Kiehl Frazier(Shiloh Christian) QB 6-3 212 4.6 4* AU commit

Jaylon Denson(Hoover) WR 6-3 190 4.6 NR

Damian Swann(Grady High) WR/DB 6-0 175 4.5 4*

Corey Moore(Griffin High) WR/DB 6-1 195 4.6 4* UGA commit

Preston Sanford(Hoover) DB 5-10 180 4.6 NR

Hunter Kissinger(Springdale Har-Ber) LB 6-3 218 4.6 NR

Brandon McGowan(N Gwinnett) LB 6-3 210  N/A NR

Garrett Harper(Shiloh Christian) RB/S 5-10 188 4.5 NR

Kitaro Lewis(N Gwinnett) WR 6-3 195 N/A NR

Desmond Punter(Auburn High) RB 5-10 175 4.5 NR

Trai Ragland(Bob Jones) RB 5-11 200 4.5 NR

Robbie Mangum(Carver) LB 6-1 225 N/A NR

Preston Messer(McGill Toolen) QB 6-1 202 4.8 NR

Schedule is as follows:

July 22 3-7P Pool Play

July 23 9-12 Pool Play

4-8P 1st & 2nd Rnd Tourney

July 24  8A Loser's Bracket

9A Winner's Bracket

1130A Semi-Finals

130P Championship

There's been a lot going on with this kid's recruitment (or lack there of), guys.  Let's just say he'd probably have quite a few offers and be more hyped and noticed to this point if some things weren't going on behind the scenes.  'Heck of a talent and I'm very excited about our chances at having him join this recruiting class at Auburn.

Archived