Updated Roster on auburntigers.com

rws0009

Nice to see some extra names i didnt know we had such as Twun Bonner, Xavier Brown, Trent Fisher, Jacob Kerby,    and Tyler Mickens. Nice to have a little more depth than i thought we would!

Dyer and Holland both #5? What's up with that? I'm not a big fan of anyone sharing numbers.

I do like LaDarius Owens with #10.  Maybe he'll do a little better than the last #10 we had in Tray Blackmon!

I believe these are their current weights, if you look ad Ladarious Phillips, he said in an article recently that he was near 290 but wants to play around 265. He is listed at 291 so I would have to believe that these are accurate. But, if you look at some of the positives, Nosa is up to 258, Dee Ford is up to 240 (from 215) Jorell Bostrom is down to 322 (from 371), so for the most part, we see some good things!

Pretty amazing to think that only 2 players on our team are taller than our QB.  6'6" - 250 lbs = WOW

maybe he put on 50 pounds of muscle under Yox????

I think maybe that should be 316, or at least I hope.

Most body builder aspire to put on 10lbs of muscle in a year so I believe 50lbs of muscle in one year would be a world  record times two!

Guest WarTiger

Looks like Eric Mack ate himself right into a redshirt. No worries, 5 am workout with Yok will burn that fat off of him.

Guest WarTiger

Dyer and Holland both #5? What's up with that? I'm not a big fan of anyone sharing numbers.

I do like LaDarius Owens with #10.  Maybe he'll do a little better than the last #10 we had in Tray Blackmon!

There are only 99 numbers available for 120 players. Numbers are going to have to be repeated. Just means that Dyer and Holland will not play on special teams together.

610x.jpg

There are only 99 numbers available for 120 players. Numbers are going to have to be repeated. Just means that Dyer and Holland will not play on special teams together.

Remember, Kodi and Wes Byrum have shared 18 for a couple of years

63  Blake Burgess  OL  6-2/278. That is a good jump for him, wasn't he about 253 last year. Just found it 247 last year. I also see John Sullen dropped 33 pounds since last year 345 to 312.

63  Blake Burgess  OL  6-2/278. That is a good jump for him, wasn't he about 253 last year. Just found it 247 last year. I also see John Sullen dropped 33 pounds since last year 345 to 312.

Yes.  And the 278 is probably accurate.  He has bulked up since last fall. 

610x.jpg

Awesome pic. Awesome.

And the new "Big Snacks" award goes to.....Eric Mack! Berry has earned his way off the list. Allow us to usher in the new era of "Big Snack" Mack.  :laugh:

And the new "Big Snacks" award goes to.....Eric Mack! Berry has earned his way off the list. Allow us to usher in the new era of "Big Snack" Mack.  :laugh:

You got this right ^^^

Glad to see the roster and know that we have 30 new players on scholarship this year!!  :thumbsup:

Would someone humor a numbers cruncher?

Of the 109 men shown on the roster, which ones are on scholarship and which ones are walk-ons?  I found a list of 82 on scholarships, and that leaves 27 of the 109.  4 appear to be new walk-ons (Bonner, Fisher, F. Hill, & Seals).  20 appear to be walk-ons from previous years (Bostrom, Brooks, Brown, Burgess, Butler, Christopher, Downs, J. Harris, R. Hill, Hooper, Humphries, Jones, Kerby, Lembke, Mickens, Ostersen, Parmer, Parramore, Poole, & A. Richardson).  That leaves 3:  Means, Spry, and Wisner.  Are they now on scholarship?

I know that 85 scholarships are allowed.  How many walk-ons (carry-overs and new ones) are allowed?

Where can I find that information?

War Eagle!

Spry is and always has been on scholarship. He just had to sit out last year because he transferred. Wisner and Means are not on scholarship, but Wisner and/or Bostrom might get them this year since we will have an extra spot or two. I know that happened to John Cubelic for his senior year. I doubt they will give Means one yet, since he is so young and that would be committing a scholarship long term that couldn't be given out in a future class.

Archived