HEROES DON'T SHOUT

Tigermike

I think the whole point of Bush going over there was to surpise the troops by celebrating Thanksgiving with them. In this respect, "Mission Accomplished." I doubt seriously if anyone expects the Commander in Chief to act as a waiter or food server in a case such as this, despite if the picture is staged or not. You must admit, the response from the troops over Bush's gesture was genuine. O.K. it was a photo op. So what? It worked to perfection.

Unlike this photo op:

kerrysuit.jpg

Finally, a conservative makes a point in the neighborhood of validity.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sorry, but the guardian just doesn't do it for me. Come up with a real newspaper.

The Washington Post (or as some would say, "The Washington Compost") just won't give up on the Thanksgiving trip story. First they report that they're confused about what Airplane the pilot of the Air Force One was referencing. They couldn't talk to any of the pilots, so they ask some flight attendents (Why not just ask some passerby? That guy selling T-Shirts?). Then they discover the turkey Bush held for 4.6 seconds was fake! What scandal! (Nevermind he served them Turkey on steamtrays only moments later, and that the rest of America obviously saw it as a fancy centerpiece)

LINK

Wow, you're even more drunk from the Crawford Kool-Aid than 'Chris' at Blogs for Bush!!! At least he can ADMIT it!!! I'll see if I can find you a good 12 Step program, CCT. I'll even find you one that don't take no gub'ment money 'cause I know how you feel about that.

Hey AL,

Don't you hate it when you get so angry at someone else that it causes you to want to tell then to shut up? :roflol:

No one said there were no photo ops involved. And I thank you for the link about Bush and the fake turkey. I am sure there was a law broken there. Thanks for the link that shows he didn't eat real grub similar to the link you posted about Hillary. What is your point? I am not slamming photo ops! All politicians do it! Clinton did it, HW Bush did it, Kerry and Edwards do them... It's part of the game.

And back to the discussion that you jumped from, did it cost more for a Senator to visit the troops than the Commander In Chief of the armed forces? I know you would like to change the subject on that. I dont have a problem with either of them, but obviously if Bush does it you automatically get your under-roos in knot.

And nice touch telling me to shut up. I'm sure your kids are mighty proud of daddy! :lol:

Don't you hate it when you get so angry at someone else that it causes you to want to tell then to shut up?

It would take far more than anything that would happen here to get me angry. Amusement, sadness and pity, yes. Anger, not really.

No one said there were no photo ops involved. And I thank you for the link about Bush and the fake turkey. I am sure there was a law broken there. Thanks for the link that shows he didn't eat real grub similar to the link you posted about Hillary. What is your point? I am not slamming photo ops! All politicians do it! Clinton did it, HW Bush did it, Kerry and Edwards do them... It's part of the game.

Sure all politicians do them. My point with Bush is that his are pre-packaged, planned and scripted so as to present an artificial image. Bush (I really should say Karl Rove) takes this beyond the photo-op, though. At all of his campaign speeches people are screened and many times forced to sign declarations of support before they're allowed in, even when they have tickets. Why? So there are no reports or photos of 'dissidents.' I've read where one man was not allowed because he had on a Kerry shirt. At the DNC, however, I saw a guy holding up a Bush/Cheney 2004 placard. They want to ensure that the image presented is one of gleeful jubilation. But, that's campaigning, right? Same thing at regular stops he's made. Protesters are moved by police and secret service well away of sight and sound of where he'll be so it always looks like he has the full support of the country. It's very smart, but at the same time, it seems pretty cowardly to me.

And back to the discussion that you jumped from, did it cost more for a Senator to visit the troops than the Commander In Chief of the armed forces? I know you would like to change the subject on that. I dont have a problem with either of them, but obviously if Bush does it you automatically get your under-roos in knot.

Sorry, It was so silly that I thought it must be a rhetorical question. If my life and everyone's that I hold dear depended on my answer I would without any hesitation say that Bush's trips anywhere would cost exponentially more than HRC's. I can't even believe that you'd think otherwise. First, she will have a secret service detail assigned to her until she dies, not because she's a senator, but because she's a former First Lady. So does Nancy Reagan. If she were only a senator then I doubt that she'd have a detail at all unless she'd been threatened or something like that. Jeff Sessions didn't when I waved him through our armory's gate two weeks ago. Neither did Rep. Jo Bonner. I'm almost certain she and her staff flew on a chartered plane vs. Bush and his staff flying on Air Force One. We pay for her ticket while we pay for his plane its crew and maintenence, etc.

And nice touch telling me to shut up. I'm sure your kids are mighty proud of daddy!

Yes, they are.

Sure all politicians do them. My point with Bush is that his are pre-packaged, planned and scripted so as to present an artificial image.

As opposed to the perfectly normal and unscripted Clinton photo-opts. Remember the flag in the cemetery? Or at Ron Brown's funeral Ole Bill and his friends laughing and cutting up and then Bill sees the camera and immediately puts on the "sad face", and actually wipes away a tear? Is that the type of unscripted events you really like?

Sure all politicians do them. My point with Bush is that his are pre-packaged, planned and scripted so as to present an artificial image.

As opposed to the perfectly normal and unscripted Clinton photo-opts. Remember the flag in the cemetery? Or at Ron Brown's funeral Ole Bill and his friends laughing and cutting up and then Bill sees the camera and immediately puts on the "sad face", and actually wipes away a tear? Is that the type of unscripted events you really like?

Nope. Don't remember. So Ron Brown's funeral is seared in your memory, heh?

Nope, but I do remember seeing Slick Willie do that very thing, on the news.

Nope, but I do remember seeing Slick Willie do that very thing, on the news.

So are you saying he didn't care about Brown?

I am saying at Ron Brown's funeral Ole Bill and his friends laughing and cutting up and then Bill sees the camera and immediately puts on the "sad face", and actually wipes away a tear? You can try to make anything you wish. But it happened just the way I described and looked just as phony.

I am saying at Ron Brown's funeral Ole Bill and his friends laughing and cutting up and then Bill sees the camera and immediately puts on the "sad face", and actually wipes away a tear? You can try to make anything you wish. But it happened just the way I described and looked just as phony.

Doesn't really address what we're talking about, though. I doubt that he was insincere about his feelings towards Brown, "sad face" notwithstanding. My guess is that he knew that Fox would show the clip of him laughing or whatever he was doing over and over while talking about the tragic loss of Brown. Maybe not. Maybe he was giddy at being able to add another name to the "Clinton Body Count."

I think the whole point of Bush going over there was to surpise the troops by celebrating Thanksgiving with them.  In this respect, "Mission Accomplished."  I doubt seriously if anyone expects the Commander in Chief to act as a waiter or food server in a case such as this, despite if the picture is staged or not.  You must admit, the response from the troops over Bush's gesture was genuine.  O.K.  it was a photo op.  So what?  It worked to perfection. 

Unlike this photo op: 

kerrysuit.jpg

Finally, a conservative makes a point in the neighborhood of validity.

When are you gonna make one al? :lol:

Seriously though, thanks for the acknowledgement. It is so important to have your approval. Obviously you recognize this since you made a post with no other point than to deem a conservative almost intelligent :roll: .

What a funny joke that is.

Seriously though, thanks for the acknowledgement. It is so important to have your approval. Obviously you recognize this since you made a post with no other point than to deem a conservative almost intelligent :roll: .

You've confused intelligence with validity. Contrary to what you may believe, I think there are many, many people here a hell of a lot smarter than me and I'd include you in that category, too. Bill Clinton proved many times that you can be the smartest person in the zip code and still be wrong at times.

Don't you hate it when you get so angry at someone else that it causes you to want to tell then to shut up?

It would take far more than anything that would happen here to get me angry. Amusement, sadness and pity, yes. Anger, not really.

Sure all politicians do them. My point with Bush is that his are pre-packaged, planned and scripted so as to present an artificial image. Bush (I really should say Karl Rove) takes this beyond the photo-op, though. At all of his campaign speeches people are screened and many times forced to sign declarations of support before they're allowed in, even when they have tickets. Why? So there are no reports or photos of 'dissidents.' I've read where one man was not allowed because he had on a Kerry shirt. At the DNC, however, I saw a guy holding up a Bush/Cheney 2004 placard. They want to ensure that the image presented is one of gleeful jubilation. But, that's campaigning, right? Same thing at regular stops he's made. Protesters are moved by police and secret service well away of sight and sound of where he'll be so it always looks like he has the full support of the country. It's very smart, but at the same time, it seems pretty cowardly to me.

Sorry, It was so silly that I thought it must be a rhetorical question. If my life and everyone's that I hold dear depended on my answer I would without any hesitation say that Bush's trips anywhere would cost exponentially more than HRC's. I can't even believe that you'd think otherwise. First, she will have a secret service detail assigned to her until she dies, not because she's a senator, but because she's a former First Lady. So does Nancy Reagan. If she were only a senator then I doubt that she'd have a detail at all unless she'd been threatened or something like that. Jeff Sessions didn't when I waved him through our armory's gate two weeks ago. Neither did Rep. Jo Bonner. I'm almost certain she and her staff flew on a chartered plane vs. Bush and his staff flying on Air Force One. We pay for her ticket while we pay for his plane its crew and maintenence, etc.

And nice touch telling me to shut up. I'm sure your kids are mighty proud of daddy!

Yes, they are.

You kill me!

SO, everything Bush does is pre-packaged and this never happened with, oh-say Kerry or Bill Clinton? All theirs were true and spontaneous, huh? Give me a break. You are delusional at best. The "Kerry in the Church" while on is vacation skiing was pre-packaged. His staff said it was PLANNED OUT FIRST and was a photo-op! And Clintons are numerous. But again it is part of the game and they all do it equally. Take off your dem colored glasses and put down the bottle, Jack!

And did you forget the barricades at the DNC for the protesters? They weren't exactly front and center.

And on Hilary's trip. Do you honestly believe that her trip into Afghanistan (war zone) would cost exponentially less than a jet from the carrier bringing the C in C to the troops on that carrier? Not AF1, maint. and crew. And the whole Senator part...I know just a Senator will not have the Secret Service all over for a regular stop. I met with Sessions before his last election down in Troy. But her being HRC, the Former First Lady would be a bigger thing and would take more guarding and funds. Bottom line is, you tried to make a big deal out of the cost, yet your argument makes no sense. And to cover it up you jumped on the 'turkey' bit. :roll: Guess you were hoping it would fly under the radar. (Nice pun, huh?)

You've confused intelligence with validity. Contrary to what you may believe, I think there are many, many people here a hell of a lot smarter than me and I'd include you in that category, too. Bill Clinton proved many times that you can be the smartest person in the zip code and still be wrong at times.

I think you're intelligent enough to know I was just being an a$$. :P I always respect the fact that I rarely get under your skin at all(anymore :lol: ).

Intelligence is often overrated. I don't rate myself as highly as you do there. I'd rather have wisdom. They say a wise man knows that he knows nothing so maybe I do have a little wisdom :lol::lol: .

I am saying  at Ron Brown's funeral Ole Bill and his friends laughing and cutting up and then Bill sees the camera and immediately puts on the "sad face", and actually wipes away a tear?  You can try to make anything you wish.  But it happened just the way I described and looked just as phony.

Doesn't really address what we're talking about, though. I doubt that he was insincere about his feelings towards Brown, "sad face" notwithstanding. My guess is that he knew that Fox would show the clip of him laughing or whatever he was doing over and over while talking about the tragic loss of Brown. Maybe not. Maybe he was giddy at being able to add another name to the "Clinton Body Count."

You are right Al, what you and the Dems have been saying all along is, "We reserve the right to look over the President with an electron microscope, but categorically deny the right of anyone to look at Mr. Kerry's or any other Democrats records, motives or inconsistency in any way!"

You are right Al, what you and the Dems have been saying all along is, "We reserve the right to look over the President with an electron microscope, but categorically deny the right of anyone to look at Mr. Kerry's or any other Democrats records, motives or inconsistency in any way!"

Who has ever denied anybody that right? I and the other Kerry supporters here have never said that either implicitly or explicitly and have discussed this issue at length, haven't we? What you don't have the right to do is lie about his record and have it go unchallenged.

Who has ever denied anybody that right? I and the other Kerry supporters here have never said that either implicitly or explicitly and have discussed this issue at length, haven't we? What you don't have the right to do is lie about his record and have it go unchallenged.

I nor anyone else have ever lied about his record. Could he have not avoided all this BS by opening ALL his records? Have Kerry and the Dems gone to TV & radio stations and coerced them not to show the Swift Boat Ads?

I nor anyone else have ever lied about his record. Could he have not avoided all this BS by opening ALL his records? Have Kerry and the Dems gone to TV & radio stations and coerced them not to show the Swift Boat Ads?

Which records are unavailable?

You know very well that Kerry has not released his entire medical record or the actual applications for the medals. Who initially made application for the medals? Was it Kerry or his boat commander? Oh I forgot, Kerry was the boat commander wasn't he?

You know very well that Kerry has not released his entire medical record or the actual applications for the medals. Who initially made application for the medals? Was it Kerry or his boat commander? Oh I forgot, Kerry was the boat commander wasn't he?

Archived