Bush throws in the towel?

TexasTiger

NASHUA, N.H. Aug. 30, 2004 — President Bush ignited a Democratic inferno of criticism on Monday by suggesting the war on terrorism could not be won, forcing his aides to scramble to defend his remarks just as he had hoped to bask in convention accolades.

Bush sought to emphasize the economy New Hampshire's appears to be on a rebound but his comments on terrorism dominated national attention.

In an interview on NBC-TV's "Today" show, Bush vowed to stay the course in the war on terror, saying perseverance in the battle would make the world safer for future generations. But he suggested an all-out victory against terrorism might not be possible.

Asked "Can we win?" Bush said, "I don't think you can win it. But I think you can create conditions so that the those who use terror as a tool are less acceptable in parts of the world."

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/ap20040830_1685.html

Sounds like a reasonable statement to me. Does anyone really expect us to sniff out every terror cell in the world? If they do they should pull their heads out of their asses. As long as we are leaders of the world there will be terrorists looking to bring us down a notch.

Sounds like a reasonable statement to me. Does anyone really expect us to sniff out every terror cell in the world? If they do they should pull their heads out of their asses. As long as we are leaders of the world there will be terrorists looking to bring us down a notch.

Yeah, its unusually honest for this President. And totally different than everything he's said up until now on the subject:

"We have a clear vision on how to win the war on terror and bring peace to the world."

-- George W. Bush

July 30th 2004.

I guess anything that moron says is acceptable to the gullible wouldn't you say? Not to me. That man has No Brain, whatsoever. Perpetual wars are not mentioned in the U.S. Constitution I read.

I have a clear vision on how to bring anna kournikava to the peak of ecstacy, but I can't really see myself accomplishing it.

Need some help? ;)

Man, if I was in the same room with her i'd probably do my business twice before I got my pants off :unsure: :lol: . Then she'd really be in for it B):lol: .

WTF? In the very same interview, Bush also said...

He added later, “You cannot show weakness in this world today because the enemy will exploit that weakness. It will embolden them and make the world a more dangerous place.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5865710/

Oh OK, we can't show weakness but in almost the same breath he says we can't win either? WTF?

I guess anything that moron says is acceptable to the gullible wouldn't you say? Not to me. That man has No Brain, whatsoever. Perpetual wars are not mentioned in the U.S. Constitution I read.

Does that mean we can get rid of the "War on Poverty" because we will always have the Poor?

I am certain that we should stop fighting crime now too. After all, there will always be criminals, so, let's give up there too! B)

I am certain that we should stop fighting crime now too. After all, there will always be criminals, so, let's give up there too! B)

I like you Tim. I really do. :lol:

Oops, there goes that "War on Drugs" thingy too.

The "War on Racism," out the window...

This is fun. You could potentially blow away every lib fantasy with this BF logic.

Oops, there goes that "War on Drugs" thingy too.

The "War on Racism," out the window...

This is fun. You could potentially blow away every lib fantasy with this BF logic.

I'm confused, is that Bottomfeeder or the other BF? :blink:

Archived