McCalebb has a daughter....

AUTigergrad08

O-Mac is not the only player on the team that has a child.  There are several others.....

The only other one I know of is Eric Mack.  If you would like to share another I'm all ears.  This was more of a celebration thread of O-Mac, his character, and to celebrate his daughter being born only 3 weeks ago which I didn't even know until yesterday. 

Guest shirley4au9

Welcome to the family Jewel.

:laugh: :laugh:

:laugh::-X  :thumbsup: Just realized how that sounds. I'm old, happy  I didn't say "Jewels"! War Eagle!

Lets not glamorize or encourage kids having kids....My question is, " How will these children be supported financially?"...These players and all younger, unmarried boys and girls should wait until they have the means and opportunity to provide for and live with these kids..

Focus on school, football, graduation , get a job, get married, THEN think about having children...

Sometimes, old fashioned values work best...

Sorry to burst anyone's balloon

Lets not glamorize or encourage kids having kids....My question is, " How will these children be supported financially?"...These players and all younger, unmarried boys and girls should wait until they have the means and opportunity to provide for and live with these kids..

Focus on school, football, graduation , get a job, get married, THEN think about having children...

I agree thats that how it should be. Stuff happens though, nobody is perfect. It could pretty much happen to the majority of high school or college kids.

The intention was not to glamorize "kids" having kids.  McCalebb is 21 years old.  So, whereas you don't see him as an adult, legally he is and legally he was at 18. 

Yes, what you describe would be added benefits to waiting to have children.  But, life happens.

When life happens, you can accept responsibility or you can chose to neglect your responsibilities.  The purpose of my posting this was to show that he is an AU man for accepting responsibility and making his daughter such a priority in his life. 

I commend and sincerely thank O-Mac for accepting responsibility with the brunt of everything he has to do.  Playing SEC football, school, and etc.  It's one less child who doesn't have to go through adoption or having no home to grow up in. 

It's the same with Eric Mack.  I believe what AU had to offer was that family atmosphere for him and his daughter.  The coaches, the players, and everyone involved would do whatever they had to support Eric and his daughter just like they will do with O-Mac. 

Thanks Eric and O-Mac for being true AU men and I know you'll make your daughters proud!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was not gonna post on this thread,i didnt want to be the party pooper. but are we  patting these kids on the back for being good fathers or doing the right thing. while it seems they are making the best of a bad situation, i will not give give a pat on the back for a man doing what he, as a human being, is expected to do. they are not in a position to support kids yet. i am not being as critical of these players because that would not be appropriate it is the posts that do seem to be glamorizing illegitimacy. charles barkley is never around when you need him. lock this one mods.

Im happy to see baby tigers! :partey::bananadance::partey:

congrats!

I had a child as a HS graduation present, BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME !

College and work wasnt easy but it made education and a good job a priority. I got my BS degree and

16 yrs later I can say that my son wife and I are doing quiet well builder. Young doesnt = deadbeat.

I do understand the consern about youthful fathers, But this is an Auburn man...

Glad to hear you're doing well, although your spelling could use some work..You are more of an exception than the rule...I too hesitated to reply on this topic and certainly wish Omac and his family well, along with any other players and their children. I assume as an Auburn Man you put a ring on before or quickly after you received your graduation present. I hope Omac will do the same thing.

I coach my son in more than 1 Little League Sport. More than a few of our kids come from single parent families, not by divorce but from moms having never married or dads having mulltiple children with different women. The "young adults" dont seem to have a problem with it but I know and can see the difference in these kids from others. Not surprisingly, many of these kids had athletic dads that flamed out over time and are working minimum wage jobs, barely able to provide for themselves...

But enough of this social lesson / debate...Please close this thread and pray for these children and familes.

I agree thats that how it should be. Stuff happens though, nobody is perfect. It could pretty much happen to the majority of high school or college kids.

Stuff like this "doesnt happen" ....Its decided by 2 people...There are "precautions" out there ...

Cancer happens,,Car Wrecks Happen...

Archived