Auburn wins two ESPY Awards

Gibson SG

The Kick Six, Chris Davis' 109-yard dash in the final second of the Iron Bowl, beat out teammate Ricardo Louis' Prayer in Jordan-Hare for "Best Play," and Auburn's 34-28 classic win over Alabama earned "Best Game" at the 2014 ESPY's on Wednesday night.

"I just want to start out by thanking the man above for making all this possible," Davis said in his acceptance speech. "I wish they had 10 more of these to give to my teammates on the field with me at that time. Without them, I wouldn't be standing here today."

"It was a great game, the fact that we were playing our rival, also to go to the SEC Championship Game made it that much sweeter," Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said on stage at the ESPY's. "On behalf of the guys back home, our coaches and our players, which just did a great job this year getting our program turned around where it should be."

Malzahn led an Auburn contingent that included current wide receivers Ricardo Louis and Sammie Coates, plus former running back Tre Mason, defensive end Dee Ford and of course, Davis, in accepting the award from boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. and tennis star Maria Sharapova.

http://www.al.com/sp...n_over_ala.html

chrisdavisespy.jpg

BsywDdvCAAIpRq-.jpg

Bst3I6nCcAAb97v.jpg

BsuMwfeCQAE32mz.jpg

Bst1XRwCIAAEiea.jpg

BsuLnrwCQAAJJzd.jpg

BswC6IyCIAA2Jyq.jpg

Bsv5U9tCcAELH3X.jpg

BtGPm8CIcAADU_H.jpg

Bs9AF7RCYAAY8TJ.jpg

Still get sad every time they show FSU and the crystal ball.

great to see dee,tre,and chris together with gus and others again, now it's time to win Best Play, War Eagle!

How about the best play?

Not there yet. Probably end of the show.

Chris Davis and Kick Six wins!! He represented well, of course, giving thanks to God and the Auburn Family and giving a big War Eagle. Well done Chris. War Eagle!!

tried to look on twitter to see congratulatory tweets about us taking these awards but of course, here comes the "but yall lost the nc", .....it's ok We Reloaded! (scarface)

WOW! Stuart Scott. You are the man! I never cared much for his reporting but props are due to him. Excellent acceptance speech. It got my allergies acting up.

WOW! Stuart Scott. You are the man! I never cared much for his reporting but props are due to him. Excellent acceptance speech. It got my allergies acting up.

Stuart Scott is actually my favorite broadcaster on SportsCenter.

As I posted on Facebook, Stuart Scott has me choking up like a little girl that got her pony taken away

Archived