A Wonderful post from the al.com auburn tigers forum!!!!...

lost

594602. Defending Auburn

by OrngeBlue09, 11/12/10 6:45 PM

Just stopped in before going to the basketball game (WDE!). I understand idiot flamers are part of the territory, and I usually don't respond but I will defend MY university when someone takes a shot at our creed. I wonder if he even knows what a creed is. MY university isn't just about Friday nights at Skybar or Saturday evenings in Jordan-Hare. MY university does have that family atmosphere that the flamers love to make fun of. Could that be because they don't understand the meaning of family either? MY University gives me the best opportunity to succeed in this world. It's about studying in the grass on the quad, going to pep rallies, and showing the Auburn Spirit. MY university is more than how many trophies an athletic team has won. To me, "War Eagle" carries means than a battle cry on the football field. It's an identity that highlights the family atmosphere, whether it's said to a student on campus or to a stranger in an airport in Seattle, Washington. MY university instills in me the importance of an education, hard work, and faith. MY university encourages me to not just accept good, but to aspire to be great. I am a fourth generation Auburn student, and no matter if UA has 8,9,13, or 1000 national championships, it won't change my passion for Auburn. My passion resides in a university, not a football team. That being said, I support my football team. I may be falling on my sword here, and if so, so be it but I stand by the words of the coaching staff and our administration. And if the allegations are proven true, yes I will be disappointed but my love, pride, and allegiance for Auburn University will not change. I don't believe in worshipping a coach, a star player, a trophy, or a football team. I believe in Auburn and love it.

Lost, your heart felt comments make all of us AU alumns proud that we have yet another AUBURN Tiger who possesses much character that is willing to take a stand against the uneducated "fans" in this world.  War Eagle!!

:hellyeah:

AUsome post!!!  I'm ALL in and I've got all my Tigers with me!!!  Auburn is ALL about FAMILY!!!  <3 it!

Archived