At the risk of being banned

AuburnSpider

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest simonsez

Minor curse words should either be allowed or banned.  Ive gotten in trouble for using language that other people dont get in trouble for.  I know this because I know 2 guys on here that have repeatedly gotten away with what ive gotten in trouble for.  A curse word that has a symbol replacing a letter is still a curse word and it should either be allowed or banned.  Same rules for everyone.

Sh_t the He!! up....   ;)

Exactly.  I personally would love to be able to do this but I get in trouble when I do.  It really sux.

You know what should be banned? Those stupid Hyundai Christmas commercials with that Pomplamoose band. Very irritating, that girl.

:trampoline: I've been complaining about those freaking ads for two weeks to anyone who'll listen... no one has known what I've been talking about

I don't know what it is about that music or that band but whenever I hear it I feel the urge to to torch their christmas parties with napalm

I wanna be a mod

.... me too.

But I want to be the one in charge of banning people.  ;)

.... And the mod that watches for babe threads.  :dunno:

Best part of the job.

But seriously guys, if you have a problem with something, bring i up in PM with myself or another mod. If you believe someone's post breaks a rule, there's a handy little button that says report post. We're not perfect, but we do our best to uphold the rules here while while keeping it as open as possible.

As for the language, and good rule of thumb is don't post anything you wouldn't say to your mother. And simonsez is right, using symbols for words is just as bad as saying the word

spider:  The answer to part of your question is:  There are 4 admins, 1 publisher, 6 global (or super) mods, and 9 mods.  So, about 20 total.  Someone else said the number of members has grown.  That is true x 100!  Since about mid-season, the number of members has skyrocketed, bringing a lot of challenges and additional possibilities for necessary action on our end.  Standardization is indeed difficult given the nature of the beast (we don't work in a common location, we work at different times, many of us haven't even met, even though there are rules we each can handle those areas not addressed differently, etc.).  However, as previously said, we try to discuss things among ourselves and come to a consensus before taking action provided we have the time.  If you see some inconsistencies as some here have noted, send any one of us a note and we'll discuss it and likely figure out that maybe there was a misunderstanding.  I hope that helps answer it a little.  War Eagle!

I disagree that these boards have taken a turn for the worse. I just think that with all the Auburn Family has been through the past month and a half, people are really emotional and defensive about things. Auburn has been bombarded from all sides by the media and other fan bases 24/7 even though it has done nothing wrong. I think we are all fed up with it and are taking it out on each other...

I agree totally with this.

Minor curse words should either be allowed or banned.  Ive gotten in trouble for using language that other people dont get in trouble for.  I know this because I know 2 guys on here that have repeatedly gotten away with what ive gotten in trouble for.  A curse word that has a symbol replacing a letter is still a curse word and it should either be allowed or banned.  Same rules for everyone.

Sh_t the He!! up....   ;)

Exactly.  I personally would love to be able to do this but I get in trouble when I do.  It really sux.

... You just didn't do a good job early of letting everyone know your personality.

For example... Everyone here knows I'm full of it, negitive, can't spell, BLEED ORANGE AND BLUE, willing to go head to head with anybody.... often wrong.... and often right all at the same time.

Understand?  ;D

I think all the new members still have that al.com mentality where everything has to be an argument. They just need to learn that this is a bammer free zone and we all can play nice.

what happens if I report my own post? :dunno:

Then I'll personally come and kick you in the nuts. We have a whole thread on that somewhere here I'm sure you remember  :tease:

***WARNING*** I know Westy really well, which is why I am posting this to him

I have been on for about 1 year. This is the best board I have ever been on and on the whole I think the Mods do a great job. That said every now and then it seems an individual Mod will take an honest disagreement and decide it shouldn't be allowed. Maybe that Mod and I read things and interpreted them differently. Who knows?

I chalk it up to human nature and then I compare it to other sites and I don't say anything.  This has never happened to me but I have seen a couple of times where I felt the Mod over reacted. Like Spider I love this site and think a little honest criticism is good for the soul.

Please do not take offense, because like I said this is a great site and even when I thought there had been an over reaction it pales compared to what I have seen on other sites.

Then I'll personally come and kick you in the nuts. We have a whole thread on that somewhere here I'm sure you remember  :tease:

Most awesomest thread ever.

I don't know you... :dunno:

;D

;D

85nbmg6.jpg

;D

I have been on for about 1 year. This is the best board I have ever been on and on the whole I think the Mods do a great job. That said every now and then it seems an individual Mod will take an honest disagreement and decide it shouldn't be allowed. Maybe that Mod and I read things and interpreted them differently. Who knows?

I chalk it up to human nature and then I compare it to other sites and I don't say anything.  This has never happened to me but I have seen a couple of times where I felt the Mod over reacted. Like Spider I love this site and think a little honest criticism is good for the soul.

Please do not take offense, because like I said this is a great site and even when I thought there had been an over reaction it pales compared to what I have seen on other sites.

I think that the Mods have seen first hand just how bad something can get if it isn't taken care of right away. It's the mentality of a Divorce Lawyer who deals with the worst of 'love' in every day life that they're more critical of love and finding it.

If they don't step in quick enough, who knows what can happen and they have to take it on themselves and decide when an 'argument' has went on long enough. It also doesn't help when everyone is on eggshells this year from the Newton allegations and now we have the rumors swirling around that CGM is leaving Auburn for Vanderbilt.

Nobody will agree 100 percent of the time with 100 percent of the people on this board but it gives no one the right to call people names (unless they're just joking around which happens a lot) or to say that the mods are unfair. I'm pretty sure that none of them want to come off as unfair but sometimes they have to stamp out arguments quickly and they think the worst of things at time because of what they've had to deal with the past several months.

;D

85nbmg6.jpg

;D

I'm sooooo close to reporting ^^ that ^^ :laugh:

i agree, i think their are enough "level-headed" fans  that can police ourselves.

Which is why all the other message boards on the internet are so well mannered, right?

Thanks for the kind words.  It seems those are few and far between tonight.  Anytime a member believes another member or a moderator has crossed a line the post should be reported.  We do look at them, even if it includes a moderator.  I personally, would like to never be required to use my mod powers.  I like to read and post on multiple threads just like other members.  It is not as easy because we have to monitor all threads and review dozens of reported complaints per day.  This easily could become a full time job.  Unfortunately the pay ($0) is not enough to satisfy my creditors.  

Keep posting and please understand that the moderators are trying to help you by not allowing AE to become like other sites.

Bring it on Westy, it gets reported right back to me.  :laugh:

The kick in the nuts thread is back in the general chat section for all to see. Beware of its epicness.

But enough about Westy's private parts please, as hilarious as this could be

Bring it on Westy, it gets reported right back to me.  :laugh:

The kick in the nuts thread is back in the general chat section for all to see. Beware of its epicness.

But enough about Westy's private parts please, as hilarious as this could be

That officially goes down as the most awkward conversation ender on this sight.  :laugh:

Archived