At the risk of being banned

AuburnSpider

Can someone tell me how many mods there are  now on this site.  Its gotten to where its getting harder and harder to post something without offending some mod's sensibilities.  I mean seriously how many of you are there.  Also can some mod please reiterate the rules of the game.  I really do hate the turn this board is taking.  It  seems that there are so many mods that you are bound to rub someone the wrong way.  I have been a loyal supporter and I beleive a somewhat moderate voice here and for whatever reason maybe the new increased numbers, the oversight tenor of this board is moving away from its origins.  I can only hope this is an aberation possibly due to increased traffic.  Im firm in my belief that  this boards  origins were rooted in the need for less heavy handed more family approach.  Lets hope this board stays true to its roots.

That is all.  I feel better now.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a rules tab below the header.   The number of mods has increased because of the number of members.  Unless something is very obvious the mods discuss posts and members before any actions are taken.  I am sorry you feel like the boards are taking a turn for the worse.  We are trying to keep the boards organized, family friendly and fun.  Please PM me if you have specific problems or suggestions.  Thanks.

Guest simonsez

I agree.  There are some guys that get away with things that other guys get in trouble for.  There really does need to be a set of rules that apply to everyone.

I joined AE a year ago today and it was nice and calm then.lol. Atleast I thought so. This bickering and mudslinging on here is pathetic. It has everything to do with the increased traffic IMO.

Its not so much that there are too many mods. It has more to do with the fact that it appears most everyone has lost their minds. The growing numbers of new members does have something to do with it. Many of them do not know the site rules or what is expecrted here. you've been around long enough, Spider, to have seen the change. The mods aren't the ones to blame, its the overwhelming number of posters who appear as if they have never had any kind of social interaction whatsoever.

i think in recent weeks the reason so many things have been deleted is bc of the large amount of "new" members that suddenly appeared about mid oct...that and how many threads start as good arguments turn to people attacking each other so the entire thread is locked and deleted rather than picking through what is deemed good or bad just m opinion of course

I only have the best interest in this site and feel like we should express our concerns.  If you dont fight for something you care about then you have no right to complain when you loose it.

Can someone tell me how many mods there are  now on this site.  Its gotten to where its getting harder and harder to post something without offending some mod's sensibilities.  I mean seriously how many of you are there.  Also can some mod please reiterate the rules of the game.  I really do hate the turn this board is taking.  It  seems that there are so many mods that you are bound to rub someone the wrong way.  I have been a loyal supporter and I beleive a somewhat moderate voice here and for whatever reason maybe the new increased numbers, the oversight tenor of this board is moving away from its origins.  I can only hope this is an aberation possibly due to increased traffic.  Im firm in my belief that  this boards  origins were rooted in the need for less heavy handed more family approach.  Lets hope this board stays true to its roots.

That is all.  I feel better now.

As a new member I would like to offer a different perspective.  I came to this site to get away from the constant immature, flaming, baiting  and any other adjective you may want to apply to other boards.  Those boards got way out of hand and the Mods could not control it.  For those interested in a conversation and learning about what is happening with the program enjoy theat there is some control over the board, especially given recent developments regarding Cam and BCSNCG.  Thanks

I don't know a single mod here (I don't think), and sometimes there are some responses that tend towards being a little harsh.  I suspect being a mod is a challenge, especially when we have lurkers joining us on a daily basis.  But at the end of the day, this site is still light years better than anything else out there.  With everything that has happened at/to AU in the past month, folks should expect a little blow back every now and then.  Let's not all fall into a black hole because we don't like the way someone answered a post.  War Eagle!!

i agree, i think their are enough "level-headed" fans  that can police ourselves.

the majority of the people on this site aren't "level-headed".. thats the problem.

... which group am I in?  ;D

do you really wanna know? :tease:;)

Guest simonsez

Minor curse words should either be allowed or banned.  Ive gotten in trouble for using language that other people dont get in trouble for.  I know this because I know 2 guys on here that have repeatedly gotten away with what ive gotten in trouble for.  A curse word that has a symbol replacing a letter is still a curse word and it should either be allowed or banned.  Same rules for everyone.

I disagree that these boards have taken a turn for the worse. I just think that with all the Auburn Family has been through the past month and a half, people are really emotional and defensive about things. Auburn has been bombarded from all sides by the media and other fan bases 24/7 even though it has done nothing wrong. I think we are all fed up with it and are taking it out on each other...

Minor curse words should either be allowed or banned.  Ive gotten in trouble for using language that other people dont get in trouble for.  I know this because I know 2 guys on here that have repeatedly gotten away with what ive gotten in trouble for.  A curse word that has a symbol replacing a letter is still a curse word and it should either be allowed or banned.  Same rules for everyone.

Sh_t the He!! up....  ;)

Archived