The Citadel

Draven

Why is the Citadel game so early in the afternoon, why not a later game so its cooler on our players and fans. Is CTT still thinking we need to play while its 80 to keep in shape or something? Just wondering if anyone knows the reason.

no tv no payperview just radio thats a very typical time for a game like this..

Yeah I was thinking about all that, but personally I would have it around 6-7 to let the temp fall for the players. I know the LSWHO game had to take a little out of them, so give them a easy one at night to have fun and reload. But thats JMO.

yeah they will have the replay and the Auburn network will have its normal broadcast on the net and radio...

I would have it around 6-7 to let the temp fall for the players

I'd like to see Auburn play more night games, too. Why don't we play more games at home at night?

hoem is when you wanna play the night game on the road you dont wanna play the night game this makes me not have a good feeling about this game....

Well, as long as we win and let some of our younger guys get some reps, and don't pull a Bama and get anyone hurt, then it shouldn't matter what time the game is and can only help the conditioning of the players for that huge night game the following week.

hoem is when you wanna play the night game on the road you dont wanna play the night game this makes me not have a good feeling about this game....

I agree. They are definitely going to have their work cut out for them. I would have much rather seen CBS pick this one as the 2:30 game, but I have faith that Auburn will get it done.

Our games have always had a standard start time of 1:30. (UNLESS it is picked up for TV)

I would enjoy a night game too, but, it is looking like it may be "nippy" this weekend anyway~ :D:D;)

Our games have always had a standard start time of 1:30. (UNLESS it is picked up for TV)

I would enjoy a night game too, but, it is looking like it may be "nippy" this weekend anyway~ :D:D;)

That is correct Sir. That is our NORMAL game time.

"Always" takes in a bit too much territory. For years, the standard start time was 2:00 PM. I don't really recall when we switched to 1:30, but I speculate that the change was influenced by TV and lengthening games due to increased passing. The first game televised from Auburn was in 1965 (Florida). Lights were installed for the 1981 season.

Archived