ONE Complaint

AURainman

We have yet to spring ANY running back for a huge 50 yard run like we are used to seeing from Carnell and Ronnie. Why?

My opinion is this. The WRs are no longer blocking downfield. The Gulf Coast Offense has turned our solid WRs into standout playmakers, however, I think emphasis has been taken off of down field blocks. Twice in the UT game, I saw our RBs run over Ben Obomanu. He was not blocking anyone at the time. Ben is one of our best blocking WRs. Its one of the many things we have praised him for. I know I am being overly critical, but do we sacrifice the running game for the sake of the passing game?

Thoughts?

All I can say about this is...if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Borges is actually running an offense with a purpose and a gameplan. He has an idea what he is doing and he is actually coaching and not simply reacting...he's setting up defenses for play LATER in the game.

I can't remember the last time AU has had an offense run with a true gameplan designed specifically for a team defense it's facing like this one.

If that's the cost, so be it...but I don't think it is. I think it's called balance and Caddy and Hummer are both TEAM players and everybody is feeding off the way they're are sharing the backfield and running with team first attitude that has become totally contagious!

Borges has taken the talent he has and played to their strengths instead of trying to "shoe-horn" players into a "system".

"I had a date with the Homecoming Queen. She was not much of a kisser though."

:big::big::big::blink:

Come on, we are Undefeated.....Enjoy it and look forward to la tech and NO FURTHER. :)

Oh, WAR EAGLE ! ! ! ! :au:

The WR are running fake routes to make the DBs honor them until the RB break the LOS. It is a difference from last season for sure. However, in the right coverages it creates huge holes for the RB to run thru. The only improvement needed is for the WR to break off the fake routes and block after a period of time.

Other people noticed this too AURainman. Check out the thread that David pointed to...it was a AU/UT game thread from a Florida fan forum.

I think it is because all of your opponents have realized how awesome those two are and have concentrated their D on them.

However, after Campbell's performance saturday they should realize that is not enough.

Congrats on the whoopin.

:ut:

How many times have we seen RB or CW running into the back of a WR blocking downfield?? I have seen plenty of WR blocking. The other teams are keying on the running game and trying to prevent the big run.

You are correct, BUT, Jason is making them pay for it!

I do not care if Ronnie & Carnell have huge numbers. I just want to see the :au:

WIN ! ! !

I do not care if Ronnie & Carnell have huge numbers. I just want to see the  :au:

WIN ! ! !

107811[/snapback]

'nuff said! :au:

Archived