2013 5* DE Carl Lawson signs with AU!

AUTUmike

Rivals has this guy in their top 100. He's from Alpharetta, GA, and said he has no leaders but that Auburn and UCLA stand out.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Carl-Lawson-134584;_ylt=Aruzri7VEilyBpcLPH8MasdIPZB4

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Named Auburn his leader as of today. Hope he pulls the trigger for us in the end.

I hope you're right but I thought I saw where he said today that UCLA was still his leader but that this visit certainly helped Auburn

By Jamie NewbergCarl Lawson (Alpharetta, Ga./Milton) is one step closer to becoming an Auburn Tiger. Today’s junior day marked his fourth visit to see Gene Chizik and his program. The point of today’s trip was to have his parents talk in the city, campus, and meet the coaches.

“I would say that’s a sign of what I am thinking about,” said Lawson with a laugh. “It’s true. They are No. 1 with me now. Auburn is No. 1 on my list. This trip was about my parents meeting coach (Gene) Chizik and the Auburn staff. This was the time to do that. It was a great experience for the both of them. It was an humbling experience. Lets just say that mom and dad both approve of Auburn, the program, coaches, school, the town and the people.”

Lawson, one of the premier defensive line prospects in the country, still has many unofficial visits to make before he makes his commitment. He will go to Tennessee next weekend and plans on seeing spring practices in Knoxville, Tallahassee, Oxford, Clemson, Gainesville and Tallahassee.

By Jamie NewbergCarl Lawson (Alpharetta, Ga./Milton) is one step closer to becoming an Auburn Tiger. Today’s junior day marked his fourth visit to see Gene Chizik and his program. The point of today’s trip was to have his parents talk in the city, campus, and meet the coaches.

“I would say that’s a sign of what I am thinking about,” said Lawson with a laugh. “It’s true. They are No. 1 with me now. Auburn is No. 1 on my list. This trip was about my parents meeting coach (Gene) Chizik and the Auburn staff. This was the time to do that. It was a great experience for the both of them. It was an humbling experience. Lets just say that mom and dad both approve of Auburn, the program, coaches, school, the town and the people.”

Lawson, one of the premier defensive line prospects in the country, still has many unofficial visits to make before he makes his commitment. He will go to Tennessee next weekend and plans on seeing spring practices in Knoxville, Tallahassee, Oxford, Clemson, Gainesville and Tallahassee.

THIS^^ is the main thing to take from this visit. Expect Lawson to take more visits just to check out other teams/schools, but AU went a LONG way today to hopefully getting a commitment from him later.

:wareagle: Well alright. That's what I like to hear.

Sounds like a thoughtful young man....those are our best prospect IMO.  Less likely to become starry-eyed when some little coach starts talking about the NFL. 

I've seen several references to the four year scholarship too....Chiz definitely is setting a standard there that some of the cut-throat coaches will not want to follow.

:we:

• 2 weeks later...

milton h/s is a mile from my house.  going to have to check out their games this year and give Lawson a few Auburn hundred dollar handshakes to let him know how much we appreciate him.

Fixed it for you.

[/quote

To me, this kid has his head straight. I think he knows what he wants and has an agenda in place to get it .... an agenda which includes insight from those he knows and trusts ... his family. He seems to be mature beyond his age which makes him extremely coachable and, if indeed so, the sky could very well be the limit for him. I think he possesses the tangibles of being an Auburn man.. I DON'T think he is raising hoods and kicking tires ..... I think he is buying. I believe we have a good chance of getting him. Just my humble opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Visiting again this weekend, looking good for the good guys.  WDE!

Montravius Adams is visiting as well. Hoping that Lawson likes us enough already to maybe do some recruiting. I think Dee Liner is visiting as well as it is his Spring Break, IIRC. Hopefully Trey Johnson will make it down as well to do some recruiting. With Kevin Olsen coming too, we need all hands on deck....

I seen jayron kearse is visiting soon.. Same weekend as these?

Jayron Kearse is visiting despite flipping his verbal to Miami? I'd love to get him back on board. Sounds like his potential doesn't have a ceiling.

Guest jrljr

Very talented, powerful, fast for his size plus IMO his frame can carry another 20-25lbs.

Kearse or Lawson?

Lawson. But in retrospect, both I guess.

Archived