2013 5* DE Carl Lawson signs with AU!

AUTUmike

He appears to be SEC ready already. I like our chances with these two guys coming in and making major contributions potentially as freshmen.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two stud DE's in same class the L boys Liner and Lawson.  This is shaping up to be a stellar defensive class. Somebody said this could be our best signing class ever. In quality of people we seem to be signing I agree.  It won't be our best not because of the quality of players but because of the number we will be able to sign this year.

What is nice we are getting superior talent and we are getting it where we need it in the future as a lot of our best DE's will be juniors this year so these guys could red shirt, then play as backups or even beat somebody out as RS Freshman then play four years on the Plains.  

War Eagle Mr. Lawson

I completely agree. It seems we have the ability to more selective this time with  respect to the talent we have gotten in the last 3 years and also the limited spots we have available in this class, which no doubt has an affect on a recruit wanting to commit earlier. We may not have a really highly rated class due to the number of recruits, but the quality will be there. Per Rivals, we finished 10th last year with 21 recruits and Miami finished 9th with 33 recruits!!!

Also, are Means and Travis both on scholarship?

He reminds me a little bit of myself. 

He reminds me of Me when I played in Pee-wee! To bad I gave up football for chess!

He reminds me a little bit of myself. 

He reminds me of Me when I played in Pee-wee! To bad I gave up football for chess!

Chess can be rough!

ummmmm all i see on that page is a headline that reads "DE commits to AU but still taking visits". Is this a case of the Friday cross-eyed-ness?

Thrilled to have Carl part of the AU family!! How could UGA not offer this kid??  :wareagle:

THUGA did not offer because he is a respectful kid from a good family!

:believe:

Welcome to the best village and family on the plains young man.....enjoy your other school visits and we will all be right here to welcome you back home again!!!

Thrilled to have Carl part of the AU family!! How could UGA not offer this kid??  :wareagle:

That is a pretty ignorant comment.  You're basically calling all UGA players thugs based on the actions of a few that have done pretty stupid things; all in the face of the Auburn program having more than it's fair share of players with transgressions.  AU won the Fulmer Cup last year... don't forget that and don't start using blanket statements to characterize a bunch of young men who just happened to decide to not go to Auburn.

That is a pretty ignorant comment.  You're basically calling all UGA players thugs based on the actions of a few that have done pretty stupid things; all in the face of the Auburn program having more than it's fair share of players with transgressions.  AU won the Fulmer Cup last year... don't forget that and don't start using blanket statements to characterize a bunch of young men who just happened to decide to not go to Auburn.

Call it what you want MOrris RONald, but i did not call ALL UGAY players thugs! But anyone can see that they have more negative headlines, and weakest punishment system in place. Do they have good kids from good homes, most likely yes, and AU would have loved to had some of them come to loveliest village. That said i follow their headlines fairly close as i have some connection to that school, and i will not hide my feelings that I detest everything about UGAY!

Surprisingly, Lawson was never offered by UGA. What was the deal there? “I have no interest in Georgia, and Georgia has no interest in me,” he said.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/03/24/carl-lawson-son-of-georgia-tech-football-star-commits-to-auburn/

Lawson's dad is a former Ga. Tech football player.  This is how you're suppose to raise you son to feel about your biggest rival!  That's just good parenting right there.  :thumbsup:

There is no excuse for stealing money from a teammate’s dorm room, just because you’re short of cash. No excuse for getting into a physical altercation with a girlfriend, just because there was an argument. No excuse for getting high, just because … well, just because. No excuse for exploring the cannabis culinary arts and eating Alice B. Toklas brownies, just because you were on spring break and you were hungry and, really, honest, pinky-swear, you didn’t even know that there was marijuana in them (uh, right.)

These are some of the reasons why Georgia coach Mark Richt has been suspending or dismissing players at an alarming rate lately – eight since January. This is when nobody seems to remember how many stars were by a recruit’s name on national signing day.

From AJC article written by Jeff Schultz

I'm not sure if he's strong enough. 450# bench and 570# squat. That's pretty weak.

I'm not sure if he's strong enough. 450# bench and 570# squat. That's pretty weak.

In all serious those numbers are insane. He's still a young guy... Can't imagine how strong he'll get once he's in a college weight training program.

I almost said "he's still a kid" ... But I was always taught to not say anything you wouldn't say to someone's face.. And I don't think I'd call him a kid to his face hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Carl Lawson on the sidelines at A-Day and before I recognized him, I thought he might have been a former AU player or possibly a new grad assistant.  He is huge and I mean muscle huge!! His chest was massive and I have no doubt that he benches 450! Him being a HS Jr is just not fair. I feel so sorry for the teams he plays next season.

There is no excuse for stealing money from a teammate’s dorm room, just because you’re short of cash. No excuse for getting into a physical altercation with a girlfriend, just because there was an argument. No excuse for getting high, just because … well, just because. No excuse for exploring the cannabis culinary arts and eating Alice B. Toklas brownies, just because you were on spring break and you were hungry and, really, honest, pinky-swear, you didn’t even know that there was marijuana in them (uh, right.)

These are some of the reasons why Georgia coach Mark Richt has been suspending or dismissing players at an alarming rate lately – eight since January. This is when nobody seems to remember how many stars were by a recruit’s name on national signing day.

From AJC article written by Jeff Schultz

I hate to say it, but a lot of the things above could be said about people who played for us (or other programs in the SEC) and you know what they say about people who live in glass houses (they should never have gravel driveways).

Archived