To change the mood on this board, how about Auburn football trivia

aubfaninga

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many SEC teams have a winning record against Auburn since 1980?

Please throw some good trivia in here. Gotta lot of time to kill. :wareagle:

I second this, AE needs a trivia app like the one on facebook...

Going to guess x1 here... UGa

Are you saying I'm moody????

at least one week per month.

Not what the wife says and oh did I say my dog, Heidi, loves me

One. Texas A&M, 1986 ?bowl. I think we lost by a field goal. Oh, and don't get technical on me. Aren't they an SEC school?

well played lol

very well played!!!

also look down south

don't mean to threadjack.. but if any of you are interested, here is a website where you can play for pts/create teams/etc. 'Smartest Auburn Fan'

5 daily questions for a total of 25 pts & then a chance to double down on a 6th question.

http://www.areyouthesmartestauburnfan.com/

AE team anyone?

Appreciate the link.

What are the only 2 conferences that has a winning record against Auburn? hint: Auburn can only change one of them

Big 12, Pioneer Football League, Southland Conference makes 3  :P

Appreciate the link.

What are the only 2 conferences that has a winning record against Auburn? hint: Auburn can only change one of them

Big 12, Pioneer Football League, Southland Conference makes 3  :P

WOW!!! Winning record against Big 12 (current) so not exactly what I was thinking. Austin Peay and Mcneese St are football Gods though!!!

:laugh: :laugh:

don't mean to threadjack.. but if any of you are interested, here is a website where you can play for pts/create teams/etc. 'Smartest Auburn Fan'

5 daily questions for a total of 25 pts & then a chance to double down on a 6th question.

AE team anyone?

Thanks for the link. That willbe a scary addiction.

What opponent is the first to not only score a point... but also to win a game at Auburn?

AE team anyone?

No kidding! my pleasure  :wareagle:

What opponent is the first to not only score a point... but also to win a game at Auburn?

AE team anyone?

No kidding! my pleasure  :wareagle:

Clemson 0-16

In what year was the last game Auburn played in Montgomery? Name the team and what the score was?

You win. First guess was Wofford.  :'(

Little digging I foung it was the Stetson Hatters in 1953. We won 47 to 0  :party::we:

How about the last game in Columbus? ( Auburn University of west Georgia) :tease:

One. Texas A&M, 1986 ?bowl. I think we lost by a field goal. Oh, and don't get technical on me. Aren't they an SEC school?

I was at this game - the Cotton bowl. A beautiful day. Nice and warm. Bo ran for a lot of yards but was kept out of the end zone. We had first and goal from the 3 once and ran Bo 4 times with no luck.

They beat us 36-16. Near the end of the game they scored a last touchdown. It was very late and the game decided. I have not been a fan since then. (Though, to be fair they have some great traditions) I hope we beat the crap out of them.

Trivia - who was the QB in that game?

I was at this game - the Cotton bowl. A beautiful day. Nice and warm. Bo ran for a lot of yards but was kept out of the end zone. We had first and goal from the 3 once and ran Bo 4 times with no luck.

They beat us 36-16. Near the end of the game they scored a last touchdown. It was very late and the game decided. I have not been a fan since then. (Though, to be fair they have some great traditions) I hope we beat the crap out of them.

Pat Washington

Pat Washington

Nice one. I actually met him at the team hotel. We went there for an FCA breakfast. I was a junior in HS. I was the only AU fan among several hundred.

I met Pat Washington - he signed my team picture. I had no idea who he was until he signed then I said hey your the QB. The guys were as nice as they could be to us.

Also remember: Jeff Burger was his backup and I believe played some in the Cotton bowl.

Good memories  :we:

Next question....

Which AU football squad owns the distinction of having the largest margin of victory in program history despite losing ALL of it's other games?

In what year was the last game Auburn played in Montgomery? Name the team and what the score was?

You win. First guess was Wofford.  :'(

Little digging I foung it was the Stetson Hatters in 1953. We won 47 to 0  :party::we:

How about the last game in Columbus? ( Auburn University of west Georgia) :tease:

Beat Georgia 21-6 1958

Archived