HISTORY WILL REPEAT ITSELF

AlohaTiger

Sorry for the length of the upcoming post but here it is plain and simple; the truth as to why I believe we will go undefeated to Atlanta and beyond.......

It was 11 years ago the 1st time I moved to Hawaii which just happened to be 6 months after I watched the last game that coach Dye had at the AU helm.......a disapointing 17-0 loss to Bama at Legion Field. Experiencing that loss in person and witnessing an end to not only a season but an era in that way was and still is one of the worst feelings I've had in my AU life. Knowing what was looming around the corner with upcoming NCAA sanctions and that my last AU game until Lord only knew was not just a loss, but a loss to Bama, not just a loss to Bama, but Dye's last game, not just his last game, but the preview to what was going to be a probation scarred, no TV or bowl game year, with a new coach while I'll be out of touch in the middle of the ocean, was the pits and no amount of sun and sand would make it any better.

But then....it happened, the unexpected...... enter CTB....he came to Auburn at a time when the AU family was preoccupied with failure and expected mediocrity and he quickly brought back that sense of AUTITUDE, BELIEF, and PRIDE to the Plains that seemed to disappear only a few short months earlier......one victory at a time....no one believed(I received the weekly phone calls FROM MY BAMA-IN-LAW) surely they'll lose the next one....nope.....that win was a fluke, we're not that good.....no one believes......NOPE......FLORIDA'S GONNA KILL 'EM....wrong again.....Georgia, unt uh......BAMA TOO???....YES, BAMA TOO(funny, no phone call came on that one).......we did it.....AUBURN DID IT!!!! 11-0 baby WE WERE READY TO TAKE ON THE WORLD!!!!! AND OH BOY, IF WE HAD ONLY BEEN ABLE TOO!!! WHY???? HOW???? NOT BECAUSE YOU OR I BELIEVED, BUT BECAUSE THE ENTIRE AUBURN FAMILY BELIEVED!!!! WE BELIEVED IN THE TEAM AND THE TEAM BELIEVED IN THEMSELVES AND EACHOTHER!!!!!......THEY ARE AND SHOULD BE BELIEVING AGAIN AND SO SHOULD THE ENTIRE AU FAMILY!!!!!!

I remember what it was like here for me that year and then the next year when WE EXPECTED THAT AUBURN WIN EVERY GAME!!! It's been a long time since then but I REMEMBER---BEING BACK HERE IN HAWAII, AGAIN. WITH AU UNDEFEATED AGAIN AND ON A ROLL, AGAIN, MAKES IT ALL TOO EASY TO REKINDLE THAT FLAME AND FEEL IT BURNING!!!!

We were undefeated then and we will go undefeated again.... only this time it'll be different..... we will get to prove ourselves in the National Championship Game and take that trophy home to the plains.....CTT AND CREW HAS THIS TEAM BELIEVING!!!! IF YOU FIND THIS HARD TO BUY IN TO, JUST THINK ABOUT HOW THIS TEAM HAS TURNED IT AROUND FROM LAST YEAR'S STRUGGLE AND DISAPPOINTMENT WHEN WE ALMOST SAW THE END OF ANOTHER ERA AND POTENTIAL CHAOS AGAIN......OR WHAT ABOUT TONIGHT'S OR THIS ENTIRE YEARS' SHOW OF TEAM UNITY, HOW INSPIRING WAS IT TONIGHT TO SEE THE TEAM HUDDLED AROUND PRAYING ON THE FIELD AND THEN AGAIN ON THE SIDELINES, AND HOW ABOUT THIS YEARS' INTERVIEWS??? HOW HUMBLE AND TEAM ORIENTED THEY ALL ARE........THIS TEAM IS SPECIAL AND THEY BELIEVE!!!!

THIS IS WHY I BELIEVE AND AUBURN SHOULD TOO!!!!! HISTORY WILL REPEAT ITSELF!!!! 13-0!!!!!

ALOHA, GOOD NIGHT, AND WAR FREAKING EAGLE BABY......

Archived