Jason Campbell's Heisman Chances

AU4Ever

I know this is completely out in left field, but it's a subject I haven't seen here yet. Jason has emerged as the only viable candidate from the South, and maybe from any eastern US school. OU has Peterson and White, TX has Benson, USC has Leinart and Bush, UT has one (QB, can't remember name), and Cal has Rogers? (I think is his name). Heisman voting has a history of being a regional thing. USC and OU are going to split votes between their two. TX is going to pull votes from the OU area, and vice versa. With four from out west, that divides those votes. Campbell has all the east to himself, but he has not gotten the publicity that the other have. My question.....Does he have a chance?

With no preseason hype or huge numbers, Campbell has no chance, IMO. There are 16 QB's with 20 or more TD passes and JC has only 15. There are 13 QB's with over 2500-yds passing and JC hasn't past 2000 yet.

I think & hope he makes All-SEC.

Campbell isn't a Heisman contender. Nor should he be. He isn't putting up Heisman numbers. He IS leading a strong team into the Iron Bowl and is probably front-runner for All-SEC. War Damn Campbell.

Whether he has a chance to win it or not it will be great to see him siting up there representing Auburn.

WDE!!! :au::au:

Jason's got no chance. I lost all respect for that award when they gave the trophy to that Nebraska kid over Grossman. The Nebraska kid could only run the option in college and didn't even dress out for a SINGE regular season NFL game because he quit in the preseason!

Just let them give it to either one of the Big 12 guys and forget about it...

no chance in new york,but he will be the SEC PLAYER OF THE YEAR.......no contest.....he might even make a run for the UNITAS AWARD as the nations best QB.....I think he should considered for the heisman,and maybe get to make the trip,but way too much media hype and politics involved for the heisman

Jason's got no chance.  I lost all respect for that award when they gave the trophy to that Nebraska kid over Grossman.  The Nebraska kid could only run the option in college and didn't even dress out for a SINGE regular season NFL game because he quit in the preseason!

Just let them give it to either one of the Big 12 guys and forget about it...

122910[/snapback]

Mine was lost when Woodson won it over Peyton Manning...what a JOKE!!!! Manning was just passed by Greene as the All Time NCAA leader in wins and got snubbed...

The Heisman trophy is as big of a joke as the BCS!!!

I think it's great the attention he is receiving and how many people are recognizing his talent and that he really is a great player. However, I don't think he'll win because all of the reasons previously stated. While he is a very accurate, very good leader of a QB, he isn't putting up the shear numbers required to win that award. He is hands down the MVP in America because of how well he leads the team, but he's not a Heisman winner simply because of the definition of the award. He's represented AU well this year and I am very confident that he will do the same against UAT.

jason could crack new york, but he'll be a distant 5th if he makes it. i just hope jason white doesn't win. peterson has no chance. benson is a legit candidate. rodgers has played his way out (he's not even the lead candidate on his team anymore, jj arrington is). reggie bush is a joke. leinart is a for real candidate. he's got better numbers (for the second straight year) than palmer did when he won.

my top five? leinart, white (please don't make him an answer to a trivia question... he just doesn't belong with archie griffin), benson, peterson, and campbell.

Archived