ESPN's Albert and May voice their opinion

islstLSU

May said Auburn is a solid #2 and Trev says he still has Auburn as #1 in his poll and that the fight for #2 should be between OU and USC. And he is right. But we all know that isn't the case.

I think this has some influence on the voters, a handful at least.

I've got Auburn picking up between 10 and 15 points in the 2 human polls on OU. That's not gonna cut it though. They need to have nearly a 50 point margin on OU in the end. One more weekend of football to do it. We shall see.

I think the 28-6 score, which is what is it should have been, versus the 21-13 score cost Auburn about another 10-15 points in the pollls. So in other words, they would have gained between 20-30 points had they finished this game off like they should have.

Still a chance. That's the main thing.

Pull for a 6-5 Nebraska team to play OU in their championship game. Definite disadvantage to OU versus a 7-4 Colorado team. Voters will ignore the results from a repeat of a 30-3 score by OU over Nebraska.

Beat Tennessee by 21 would be helpful as well, and dominate just as LSU did to Georgia last year, and you are a lock to go to the Orange Bowl.

I can't completely agree because this was a rivalry game. Ask Michigan if think margin of victory is important right about now. AU came from behind & won against a determined opponent in one of the top rivalries in all of college football. Margin of victory is a poor measuring stick in a hotly contested game such as this. I would hope the poll voters are smart enough to know that Baylor is not near the caliber of team that uat is this year. Then again, maybe they think they are equivalent teams. I wouldn't put it past them. Who knows for sure? :D:au: WDE

Archived