Now Nicky Wants to be the UAT Dictator

Proud Tiger

Looks like Nicky isn't content to be the HC at UAT. Now he wants to dictate to fans. Who does he think he is to tell a fan what to do when he buys a ticket to the game? There is nothing that says anyone has to stay the whole game if they don't want to. And why is Nicky making such statements.....does bama not have an AD?

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/10/saban_to_alabama_fans_stay_the.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Looks like Nicky isn't content to be the HC at UAT. Now he wants to dictate to fans. Who does he think he is to tell a fan what to do when he buys a ticket to the game? There is nothing that says anyone has to stay the whole game if they don't want to. And why is Nicky making such statements.....does bama not have an AD?

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/10/saban_to_alabama_fans_stay_the.html#incart_m-rpt-2

if he told turd fans to drink the suicide punch the state of Alabama's population would drop drastically over night

if he told turd fans to drink the suicide punch the state of Alabama's population would drop drastically over night

For the better.

http://www.al.com/al...#incart_m-rpt-2

I think he's got a pretty fair point. He's constantly battling complacency, the fans are no different.

Fans leaving early pisses me off too.

It's not that he doesn't have a point. It's just hard to take him seriously when he says stuff like this. I mean the Miami Dolphins could say something similar to this to him, " if you're not going to stay the entire length of your contract , then don't sign it and let us sign someone who will". Can the man not afford a PR person to keep him from sounding ridiculous?

It's not that he doesn't have a point. It's just hard to take him seriously when he says stuff like this. I mean the Miami Dolphins could say something similar to this to him, " if you're not going to stay the entire length of your contract , then don't sign it and let us sign someone who will". Can the man not afford a PR person to keep him from sounding ridiculous?

He doesn't sound ridiculous. And everyone I've heard on national radio talking about it agrees with him. It's just you guys who look at EVERYTHING related to Bama with a jaundiced eye who seem to have a problem.

"Yes, Alabama fans, Nick Saban has every right to call you out for leaving early"

http://www.al.com/sp...tml#incart_2box

Keep it coming bg. I am laughing so hard.

Wrong, he can call fans out. But doesn't mean he is right. He was talking about him and the players are there for 4 quaters etc... Diff. is he gets paid Millions to be there 4 quarters. We fans have to pay to be there. If I feel like leaving at half time, I damn well will do what I please. Probably at Bama is fans are bored.

Wrong, he can call fans out. But doesn't mean he is right. He was talking about him and the players are there for 4 quaters etc... Diff. is he gets paid Millions to be there 4 quarters. We fans have to pay to be there. If I feel like leaving at half time, I damn well will do what I please. Probably at Bama is fans are bored.

And Bama has such a weak schedule this year, the UAT students are letting them know that by leaving their boring games early.

Dude has such a freaking Napoleon complex...

SabanNapoleon_zps272d12c7.jpg

Excellent, both short and both would be emperors. Looking for Waterloo and St Helena???

If he wants the fans to stay for the entire game then stop blowing your opponents doors off. When they have some close games the fans will stay.

Perhaps Sabun should put a product out on the field that paying spectators want to stay to the end to watch? Just trying to offer some helpful suggestions. You know, I haven't heard of Oregon having this problem. Everyone likes to watch them.

Saban just can't help from making smart ass comments.

The thing that uaters just don't get.....the mayor of munchkin land does not like uat fans. He doesn't like the people he works with (they are not ALLOWED to even speak to him). He simply is a classless jerk with little manitis. I am so very glad that Gus is a man with character. Contrary to what the unwashed rednecks in west Vance think...character matters in all things.

Guest jojo1515

He doesn't sound ridiculous. And everyone I've heard on national radio talking about it agrees with him. It's just you guys who look at EVERYTHING related to Bama with a jaundiced eye who seem to have a problem.

"Yes, Alabama fans, Nick Saban has every right to call you out for leaving early"

http://www.al.com/sp...tml#incart_2box

So, why is it again that you spend more time on Auburn message boards than 95 percent of Auburn fans? Did Saban tell you to?

[saban]... does not like uat fans. He doesn't like the people he works with....

I am in this camp. He seems to deride tailgating, social organizations and the the general Updyke nation. I understand that his world is college football at the highest level, which is a very big deal to him. Most of their fans simply project their self worth from the W's and L's. They have no real attachment to the university and simply don't get it, and he despises that.

Well when you start racking up national championships and the fan base worship you more than the Lord, you tend to get a little megalomania in the brain.

• 3 weeks later...

I have never heard of a coach talking to fans the way he does. (1) We lost the Utah game BECAUSE OF OUR FANS, (2) If you are going to leave the game early, give your tickets to someone who won't.

What does the Bammer Moses declare next? "Thou shalt name all of thy children, Saban, Nick, Sabear, Tide, and Crimson." Oops forgot, they are already doing that! :)

Archived