uat OC Candidates

Elephant Tipper

Whoever is the new OC at Bama, they'll run the offense that Nick Saban wants to run. Will Saban change to HUNH? He doesn't have the team for that. He's been recruiting for the pro-style since day one of his arrival there. If he switches to HUNH, will the media grill him on his previously stated opinions that HUNH offenses lead to injuries, or will they declare that he's an innovator. These could be some interesting days at the Crapstone coming up.

I don't think you'll see Saban changing Bama to a HUNH. There's too much philosophy disparity in that regard between a coach like Saban and a coach like Gus. Gus doesn't consider winning time of possession as a key element, whereas Saban does. If Saban does explore HU offense, it'll probably be like UGA's situational use of tempo instead of selling out to it with Gus' philosophy. At the same time, Kiffen is a pro-style guy himself, and would probably fit in well with what Bama has.

Who cares about Lane ... just bring back his wife.

Agreed!! But on a more serious note, when Kiffin was in Knoxville, she was miserable and didn't mind telling anyone what a hick town it was. Now, if Knoxville is a hick town, how about Tuscaloosa? She openly admits she's a SoCal girl.

I think it's comical to hear the bammers I work with discussing Kiffin. When he was busy running the TN program into the ground, not to mention the NCAA crosshairs, all the bammers were talking about what a joke this guy was. They were trashing him and UTk program. Now that he is a front-runner for the bammer's OC position, they are describing him as "very football-smart", a great recruiter, and a "master of multiple offenses" that will be a perfect compliment to Saban/Smart's defense.

I guess Ron White was right.....you can't fix stupid!!

I think it's comical to hear the bammers I work with discussing Kiffin. When he was busy running the TN program into the ground, not to mention the NCAA crosshairs, all the bammers were talking about what a joke this guy was. They were trashing him and UTk program. Now that he is a front-runner for the bammer's OC position, they are describing him as "very football-smart", a great recruiter, and a "master of multiple offenses" that will be a perfect compliment to Saban/Smart's defense.

I guess Ron White was right.....you can't fix stupid!!

I think they should be required to wear a sign that says I'm a bammer or maybe it says updyke. Then you would know who the idiots are and save yourself the agony of listening to them.

Is Charlie Weiss back on the meat market again yet? :)

Well he is still 3 Ax handles across his a** sitting on a water cooler while the defense plays football

Archived