Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

@Tiger Refuge, I pulled the trigger on the new Sturgill. And the new Brittany Howard. Ordered CDs like a dinosaur.

Damn, it’s so good. I need to pick up Brittany’s new offering. She was on World Cafe two weeks ago. Her live sound is absolutely stunning. She’s also a really great interview.

Edited by Tiger Refuge

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Damn, that is powerful.

The picking in that 3rd one is just awesome. Good.song too. 

The first Isbell concert I saw this guy opened..I wasn’t really impressed. He did have one good song that stuck. Jason produced this record.

Damn, that is powerful.

The first Isbell concert I saw this guy opened..I wasn’t really impressed. He did have one good song that stuck. Jason produced this record.

this is the song that stuck a couple years ago 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, alexava said:

Yeah man, Jason has gotten damned good at the guitar!

4 hours ago, WarTiger said:

heading out soon to see Halestorm and Godsmack here in Pensacola.   Ready to ROCK!!!

I saw Godsmack back in the early 2000s at Oak Mountain. They kicked cKy (main reason I bought tickets) off the tour because they had beef with Puddle of Mudd or somesuch. 

Cool pyro from GS I guess. 

Deftones may have played that show too. They were sick. Shortly after White Pony came out if I’m not mistaken. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

19 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Also, think this kid is going to make it pretty soon. Reminds me very much of Tyler Childers, but he's a good songwriter in his own right. 

Yeah that boy he real good :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

@Tiger Refuge, finally listened to the new Sturgill start to finish yesterday. I'll dispense with the superOMFGlatives and just list the influences that I heard:

Ted Nugent
Pink Floyd
The Cars
ELO
Black Sabbath
Beck
Black Keys
ZZ Top
Bee Gees
Midnight Oil (!!!)
And it's impossible not to hear some Waylon in everything he does. 

But none of the songs actually sound like those artists. 

I'll probably listen again on the ride home today and come up with more. 

• Love 1

@Tiger Refuge, finally listened to the new Sturgill start to finish yesterday. I'll dispense with the superOMFGlatives and just list the influences that I heard:

Ted Nugent
Pink Floyd
The Cars
ELO
Black Sabbath
Beck
Black Keys
ZZ Top
Bee Gees
Midnight Oil (!!!)
And it's impossible not to hear some Waylon in everything he does. 

But none of the songs actually sound like those artists. 

I'll probably listen again on the ride home today and come up with more. 

I was wondering when I’d hear from you.😬

Its a great album. I played it on loop for a couple of days to digest it. I literally couldn’t stop listening to it. 

He was on Rogan’s podcast last week. It was a pretty cool interview for sure. Talked about how they delayed the release of this album by a year so that the anime movie that goes with it could be finished. 

ETA- I totally forgot that Sturgill produced Tyler Childers album...

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I was wondering when I’d hear from you.😬

Its a great album. I played it on loop for a couple of days to digest it. I literally couldn’t stop listening to it. 

He was on Rogan’s podcast last week. It was a pretty cool interview for sure. Talked about how they delayed the release of this album by a year so that the anime movie that goes with it could be finished. 

*record scratch*

MOVIE?!?!?! I mean, it makes total sense given all the coordinating thematic elements of the album, but I had not heard this. I will find that interview. 

I do find myself hoping that he's enjoying all of this. Sometimes it seems like he's not. *cough Mercury in Retrograde cough*

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

*record scratch*

MOVIE?!?!?! I mean, it makes total sense given all the coordinating thematic elements of the album, but I had not heard this. I will find that interview. 

I do find myself hoping that he's enjoying all of this. Sometimes it seems like he's not. *cough Mercury in Retrograde cough*

It's supposed to be pretty b***** from what I've read. At least as anime goes...

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/sturgill-simpson-sound-and-fury-netflix-anime-album-review

I completely agree on the "having fun" thing. He referenced that in his interview, that if they were going to make a new album, why not do something that they all thought was fun as s***. 

ETA Rogan'ish

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

It's supposed to be pretty b***** from what I've read. At least as anime goes...

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/sturgill-simpson-sound-and-fury-netflix-anime-album-review

I completely agree on the "having fun" thing. He referenced that in his interview, that if they were going to make a new album, why not do something that they all thought was fun as s***. 

ETA Rogan'ish

Many thanks. 

More influences: Red Rider, P Funk and Phil Collins. On one song.

Also, I previously said Bee Gees but I meant Rose Royce.

• Love 1

On 10/10/2019 at 1:11 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

ETA Rogan'ish

The movie is on Netflix. I've watched once. You talk about the musical influences. Wait until you see the anime easter eggs. Work tonight so thinking a glass of wine and a little smoke and will listen through headphones this time.

• Love 2

16 hours ago, sandyclawedtiger said:

The movie is on Netflix. I've watched once. You talk about the musical influences. Wait until you see the anime easter eggs. Work tonight so thinking a glass of wine and a little smoke and will listen through headphones this time.

I watched it, too. Very fun even though I'm super ignorant about anime and didn't pick up on any easter eggs.