2017 4* CB AJ Terrell (Clemson 8/19/16)

ellitor

Love this kid. He loves contact. He is nice and tall and could add some weight. He hits like a safety and plays CB.

I love that we're going after long corners again. Maybe we learned something from Davis

Hey, thought I just read this in the McBride thread! JK Ha

I love that we're going after long corners again. Maybe we learned something from Davis

Yeah I don't know how I did that lol

Yeah I don't know how I did that lol

Well Cole, not saying you did or were, but day drinking can cause this sort of thing.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

KN just CB'd him to Florida. We used to lead in the CB department. Looks like McGriff has some work left to do to be considered a top recruiter.

KN just CB'd him to Florida. We used to lead in the CB department. Looks like McGriff has some work left to do to be considered a top recruiter.

Seems strange to jump to that conclusion off 1 kid. He still has a really good track record.

Free interview on Scout yesterday only thing AJ said that stood about AU was being in the SEC. Based off the interview sounds like we are 4th at best.

Seems strange to jump to that conclusion off 1 kid. He still has a really good track record.

Free interview on Scout yesterday only thing AJ said that stood about AU was being in the SEC. Based off the interview sounds like we are 4th at best.

Agree that we absolutely shouldn't base his record on one kid. I guess my point really was that he hasn't really signed anyone big yet, and so he still has some work to do this year to land us some big time DBs. Askew (whom I assume McGriff is responsible for) will be a good start.

Agree that we absolutely shouldn't base his record on one kid. I guess my point really was that he hasn't really signed anyone big yet, and so he still has some work to do this year to land us some big time DBs. Askew (whom I assume McGriff is responsible for) will be a good start.

I take it you mean this year only?

I was thinking of last year too. Weren't our DBs already committed before he was hired?

I was thinking of last year too. Weren't our DBs already committed before he was hired?

Broussard & Character were but were shaky til he shored them up. CWM landed Jayvaughn & Daniel Thomas. Normally it's hard to make a recruiting assesment on the coach's 1st month of the job right before NSD unless he lands a big fish which he almost did w/ Warrior. When I said track record I was referring to his days & Miami & Ole Miss. No questio he has to replicate it but he has a history of being very good.

Broussard & Character were but were shaky til he shored them up. CWM landed Jayvaughn & Daniel Thomas. Normally it's hard to make a recruiting assesment on the coach's 1st month of the job right before NSD unless he lands a big fish which he almost did w/ Warrior. When I said track record I was referring to his days & Miami & Ole Miss. No questio he has to replicate it but he has a history of being very good.

Fair enough. I was mainly thinking of his track record at Auburn. Obviously he hasn't been here long enough to give any negative assessments of him. I would say though that for this year I haven't heard that we are in the running for any elite DBs so it's time for him to earn his keep by pulling in some big time recruits.

Fair enough. I was mainly thinking of his track record at Auburn. Obviously he hasn't been here long enough to give any negative assessments of him. I would say though that for this year I haven't heard that we are in the running for any elite DBs so it's time for him to earn his keep by pulling in some big time recruits.

You've also known it usually takes a relationship of at least 2 years to lands recruits often times. Most coaches that change jobs do so from other colleges & already have a relationship w/ the kids. Before this past January CWM had not recruited or had relationships w/ upcoming high school kids since he's been w/ the Saints since early 2013. If he lands some big fish in this class then great but I'm not expecting given it how far behind he is in the relationship department. I will expect more from his Class of 2018.

You've also known it usually takes a relationship of at least 2 years to lands recruits often times. Most coaches that change jobs do so from other colleges & already have a relationship w/ the kids. Before this past January CWM had not recruited or had relationships w/ upcoming high school kids since he's been w/ the Saints since early 2013. If he lands some big fish in this class then great but I'm not expecting given it how far behind he is in the relationship department. I will expect more from his Class of 2018.

Good points. Agree. Aren't we in big need this year though of a strong DB class? I recall us having a strong DB clas a couple of years ago, but last year Broussard and Character were our only DBs that we recruited? How many DBs are we looking at taking this year?

Good points. Agree. Aren't we in big need this year though of a strong DB class? I recall us having a strong DB clas a couple of years ago, but last yea Broussard and Character were our only DBs that we recruited? How many DBs are we looking at taking this year?

We recruited Jayvaughn &Daniel Thomas also. Looking to get 2-3 CBs & 1-2 Safeties this class.

Broussard was coming here no matter what. But yeah on one side you have to give mcgriff time. On the other if he is a rock star like some say you would think he'd get one or two big time guys right now

Broussard was coming here no matter what. But yeah on one side you have to give mcgriff time. On the other if he is a rock star like some say you would think he'd get one or two big time guys right now

There is a reason we have so few commits right now. McGriff is a great recruiter but there is a lot of if 'wait and see' going on regarding guys interested in us. We are too 5 for many. So we are where we need to be, if the on-field performance meets up with the recruiting hype.

There is a reason we have so few commits right now. McGriff is a great recruiter but there is a lot of if 'wait and see' going on regarding guys interested in us. We are too 5 for many. So we are where we need to be, if the on-field performance meets up with the recruiting hype.

FWIW I would be surprised if we don't get a 4* CB commit today.

Archived