AU 2nd best atmosphere in SEC

GwillMac6

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

We did for the bama game. When most are like that then I'll agree with him

Its more than just the bama game. We have had good loud crowds for most of our sec games.

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Its more than just the bama game. We have had good loud crowds for most of our sec games.

We've had decent crowds in the SEC games. Granted I haven't watched every game this year. But i've seen some empty seats in most of the SEC games i've watched and since our gym isn't that big it shouldn't be hard to fill it up. Of course being the 2nd best bball atmosphere in the SEC may not be too hard. 

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

We've had decent crowds in the SEC games. Granted I haven't watched every game this year. But i've seen some empty seats in most of the SEC games i've watched and since our gym isn't that big it shouldn't be hard to fill it up. Of course being the 2nd best bball atmosphere in the SEC may not be too hard. 

Our arena is in the middle of the pack as far as seating but it suits the program quite well.  A nice design that puts students and fans close to the game and helps with the intimidation factor.   It's nice to see a full house but even at less than capacity, the crowd can have an effect on a close game IMO. 

58 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Our arena is in the middle of the pack as far as seating but it suits the program quite well.  A nice design that puts students and fans close to the game and helps with the intimidation factor.   It's nice to see a full house but even at less than capacity, the crowd can have an effect on a close game IMO. 

Oh for sure, i love the new arena and how they have most the court surrounded by students. I think they were smart to not go big with it since its rare AU would sell out a "big" arena. The place was jacked for the bama and uga games, would love to see it like that for all/most games. I honestly don't watch a lot of other teams games unless they are playing AU so i guess i can't really speak to where we rank in SEC. But i would be surprised to find out we have the second best atmosphere in the SEC (outside the rivalry games). 

Archived