Softball vs. Evansville - game thread

WarTiger

And as I say that one gets ripped to LF for a single. She hung that one. 

Switching back to Martin with the tying run coming to the plate. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugly game.  Our bats went flat again and the mental errors on defense were hard to explain. These girls know better.  I'm not sure what they were thinking.  It's still a W and they get a redemption game in a few minutes. WDE!!

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I hope we get another commentator. That woman is really irritating.

That is Anna Gibbs. She was a catcher and outfielder for us the last four years.  This weekend is her very first as a color commentator.  She will get better. 

19 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I hope we get another commentator. That woman is really irritating.

Anna Gibbs is learning on the job. She'll definitely get better as the season progresses.   Kelsey Bogaards was in the booth yesterday I believe and did pretty well.

30 minutes ago, around4ever said:

That is Anna Gibbs. She was a catcher and outfielder for us the last four years.  This weekend is her very first as a color commentator.  She will get better. 

Sorry....but she was awful. I came in late and did not know who was commenting so my opinion is unbiased. Hopefully she will improve and it was first time jitters. 

It's early in the year and not a bad thing for the school to give some former players a chance to see what they can do.  

A couple years ago we would have only gotten details of an AU softball game in the newspaper a couple days after a game...if at all.      Take it easy people and be happy to even have access to live game calls....and give the ladies a chance to learn the trade.

Archived