What does CPAC have in common with Berkeley liberals?

homersapien

1 minute ago, Bigbens42 said:

I didn't say it was.

Conservative icon upholds the ideals of NAMBLA. The end. Hope CPAC learned their lesson. Lay down with dogs, get fleas. 

I didn't say you said it was. I was carrying on w/ an initial claim by Homer, who said the 2 ( CPAC, Berkeley ) were the same, and that both gave identical reasons for cancelling MIlo's speech. This is false. 

Milo was never a conservative icon. He was never a ' conservative ' anything.  

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

I didn't say you said it was. I was carrying on w/ an initial claim by Homer, who said the 2 ( CPAC, Berkeley ) were the same, and that both gave identical reasons for cancelling MIlo's speech. This is false. 

Yeah, he was. Before the Age of Trump, a man like Milo would've been as fringe as David Duke, meant only for laughs and finger pointing as he bloviates over nonsense; treated like a joke instead of a spokesman for the Republicans. The fact that CPAC, the premiere conservative and pro-Republican speaking stage in the nation, invited him to speak is an indictment on the entire American political culture, system, and especially what the right has allowed itself to become. 

19 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Yeah, he was. Before the Age of Trump, a man like Milo would've been as fringe as David Duke, meant only for laughs and finger pointing as he bloviates over nonsense; treated like a joke instead of a spokesman for the Republicans. The fact that CPAC, the premiere conservative and pro-Republican speaking stage in the nation, invited him to speak is an indictment on the entire American political culture, system, and especially what the right has allowed itself to become. 

Actually, it just shows the narrow mold with which the Left tries to cast conservatives with is false. That's all.  And even better, we don't riot and attack folks when we change our minds about whether to invite a person to speak or not. 

CPAC isn't a public university, and isn't bound by the same standards. 

There really is zero comparison. CPAC is run by adults. Berkeley is run by thugs and anarchists 

7 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Actually, it just shows the narrow mold with which the Left tries to cast conservatives with is false. That's all.  

Solid "no true Scotsman."

Whether you admit it or not makes no difference. CPAC is a huge deal on the right. This is what it has become.

And even better, we don't riot and attack folks when we change our minds about whether to invite a person to speak or not. 

Nope, you just rescind their invites in the first place. What about Milo's freeze peach?

CPAC isn't a public university, and isn't bound by the same standards. There really is zero comparison. CPAC is run by adults. Berkeley is run by thugs and anarchists 

Free speech isn't a conservative value. You heard it hear first.

11 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

What about Milo's freeze peach?

That's a bit personal, don't you think ? 

:roflol: 

Free speech isn't a conservative value. You heard it hear first.

Even less of a Lefty value. At least no one gets hurt when conservatives politely say " no thanks " to a speaker. 

43 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Who is Milo or CPAC? Most people that want to see" America Great Again" could care less.

10 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Who is Milo or CPAC? Most people that want to see" America Great Again" could care less.

Milo Yiannapoulos is (was) a right wing journalist for Breitbart news known for his noxious rhetoric that has recently become a firebrand of the right. 

CPAC is the conservative political action conference. An important annual conservative gathering hosted by the American Conservative Union. Many of the so-called "stars" on the right have appeared there throughout the years. 

19 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

That's a bit personal, don't you think ? 

:roflol: 

;)

19 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Even less of a Lefty value. At least no one gets hurt when conservatives politely say " no thanks " to a speaker. 

Have you checked r/the_Donald tonight? I think they're getting close to rioting. 

1 hour ago, Bigbens42 said:

Have you checked r/the_Donald tonight? I think they're getting close to rioting. 

Damn ! Where ? My secret decoder ring message  mentioned something about Ovaltine and possibly a family sized bag of Cheetos. 

Must have used the wrong setting. :-\

11 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Milo Yiannapoulos is (was) a right wing journalist for Breitbart news known for his noxious rhetoric that has recently become a firebrand of the right. 

CPAC is the conservative political action conference. An important annual conservative gathering hosted by the American Conservative Union. Many of the so-called "stars" on the right have appeared there throughout the years. 

serious BB never heard him of before the Berkley thing. 

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

You must live a sheltered life.

13 hours ago, AURaptor said:

Actually, it just shows the narrow mold with which the Left tries to cast conservatives with is false. That's all.  And even better, we don't riot and attack folks when we change our minds about whether to invite a person to speak or not. 

CPAC isn't a public university, and isn't bound by the same standards. 

There really is zero comparison. CPAC is run by adults. Berkeley is run by thugs and anarchists 

Good grief.

This style of this post was meant to resemble a late night monologue joke - "speaking of extremists, what do Berkeley and CPAC have in common"?    :rimshot:

You take every discussion on here and turn it into an exhibition of partisan hyperbolic manichean thinking.

(I have to admit though, it's kind of amusing to watch, which is why I try to keep you going.<_<)

The joke's on you.     ;D

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Me either.

Heck, I didn't know who "what's his name" of CNN was until recently. :dunno:

And my phone just asked me if I wanted to upload the photo I took of "Falls Park on the Reedy" monday when I never titled it! 

I think I fell off the hellbound train a few stops back.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Good grief.

The joke's on you.     ;D

Oh yeah homie, you're FUNNY  !!

Laurie Penny writes words real good.

It is horribly ironic that of all the disgusting nonsense Yiannopoulos has said — about women, about Muslims, about transgender people, about immigrants — it is only now that the moderate right appears to have reached the limits of what it will tolerate in the name of free speech. The hypocrisy is clarion-clear: This was never, in fact, about free speech at all. It was about making it OK to say racist, sexist, transphobic, and xenophobic things, about tolerating the public expression of those views right up to the point where it becomes financially unwise to do so. Those suddenly dropping Yiannopoulos are making a business decision, not a moral one — and yes, even in Donald Trump’s America, there’s still a difference. If that difference devours Yiannopoulos and his minions, they will find few mourners.

13 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

This was never, in fact, about free speech at all. It was about making it OK to say racist, sexist, transphobic, and xenophobic things

First of all, who is saying those things? Was it Milo?  I don't think so. Second of all, yes – those are about free-speech. Even if you disagree with them and find them repugnant. 

No one is morning for Milo. But the double standard by the left still exist. Will George Takei lose any endorsements ( Taco Bell , Pizza Hut ) for his revelations? What about Lena Dunham , who proudly was a spokesperson for Hillary? Where is the wall-to-wall admonishment for those, as we see with Milo? 

The problem apparently is not what Milo said. The problem is who he pissed off. Anything and everything seems to be OK with the left, as long as they are being said about someone else. Just not them. 

1 hour ago, Bigbens42 said:

"Free speech" is a red herring.  

A university is not obligated to allow the likes of this guy to speak.  Furthermore, there's nothing wrong with protestors demonstrating to the university that it is unacceptable for the university to provide him a platform to deliver hate speech as they see it.

The constitutional concept of free speech has to do with government suppression. Private institutions can decide for themselves whether or not to allow speakers a platform.  "Free speech" has nothing to do with it.

The only thing the CPAC decision demonstrated is that CPAC is fine with all of the things Milo represents except for pedophilia.

As Trump would say,  sad.

42 minutes ago, homersapien said:

The only thing the CPAC decision demonstrated is that CPAC is fine with all of the things Milo represents except for pedophilia.

As Trump would say,  sad.

Because homer clearly is a fan of pedos.... 

On 2/21/2017 at 7:38 PM, AURaptor said:

You are so right Raptor. Milo should have never been extended the invitation. just a small bad decision.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

You are so right Raptor. Milo should have never been extended the invitation. just a small bad decision.

Heard speculation that he was extended an invite because of those ' higher up ' , in the administration,  suggesting someone at the WH, possibly Bannon ? Zero evidence for this, just heard it discussed. Makes sense, and were it not for the recent series of events, he likely would have been getting much attention at CPAC. Good for them that they now can focus more on substantive issues, and not have his sideshow act steal the spotlight. 

5 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Heard speculation that he was extended an invite because of those ' higher up ' , in the administration,  suggesting someone at the WH, possibly Bannon ? Zero evidence for this, just heard it discussed. Makes sense, and were it not for the recent series of events, he likely would have been getting much attention at CPAC. Good for them that they now can focus more on substantive issues, and not have his sideshow act steal the spotlight. 

"Sideshow" everyday - look left

Archived