Softball vs. Georgia - game 2

Homer would be nice but I would like a series of hits keeping baserunners moving.  Pop-ups to 2nd don't do that.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rivera singles to left and Auburn gets another one.   Rivera hung up between 1st and 2nd and they force her back to 1st throw not in time.  Runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out and its 6-2.   Whitney Jordan up.

AU not normally a base stealing team but several moving up in this game - not as much a straight steal as situational but I'll take it.

bases loaded....one out...chance to blow this open

Jordan walks and Auburn has the bases loaded with 1 out.   Looks like Auburn will pinch hit for McCrackin here.   Jenna Abbott coming up.

Bases loaded - I'll take that homer now to give us the 4 additonal runs and a 8-run lead.

AU batters have good eye....don't often help a pitcher by swinging at bad stuff....l0ots of walks today with a few hits tossed in to bring the runs home

Abbott walks and a run scores.  Bases still loaded with 1 out.  7-2 Tigers.  Draper coming up.

I've been impressed with Rivera. Good fielder and good hitter. I think she is solidifying herself a spot in the rotation. 

Justus Perry comes up big and singles to left and that plates 2.  Throw home off line and Perry takes 2nd on the throw,.  Runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and back to the top of the order.   Draper re-enters to run at 2nd.  Carlee Wallace up.   Let's go Carlee.    Auburn leads 9-2

Announcer said they ruled an E-5 on the Perry hit - I don't see that, I thought it was a clean shot past third, she didn't even touch it, how do you call it an error.

Wallace is DRILLED in the back with the first pitch.   Bases loaded with 1 out for Kasey Cooper.     

That was intentional hitting Wallace. I have no doubt

Called Perry's hit an error.....that was asking a lot of the 3B...ball was a shot under her glove..

Wallace HBP and bases full again.   Fill bases for Cooper....boy she needs something big to get her untracked this year.

Cheap Georgia - I think that was a cheap shot at Wallace to hit her.

Cooper needs to be patient and time for  her to get a hit.

ouch....struck out on ball 4....too eager..

Cooper had to swing at that high pitch because that was coming like the first called pitch that was high.  She couldn't trust blue behind the plate.

Archived