Fitzpatrick says LSU is Alabama's biggest rival

Randman5000

Didn't read the article, but at this time in 2017, they probably are.  Outside of 2010 & 2013 AU hasn't really competed since Tubbs.  LSU has given them all they can handle pretty much every time they play.

I'm sure during the "fear the thumb days" AU players felt LSU was a bigger rival than bammer.  

It'll come back around...

26 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm sure during the "fear the thumb days" AU players felt LSU was a bigger rival than bammer.  

During that era there was talk on this very board about whether or not LSU had surpassed Bama as our rival because our games with LSU meant more in terms of divisional standing than the Iron Bowl at the time.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Didn't read the article, but at this time in 2017, they probably are.  Outside of 2010 & 2013 AU hasn't really competed since Tubbs.  LSU has given them all they can handle pretty much every time they play.

Correct me if I am wrong, but LSU is 0-6 vs UAt since they beat them 9-6.  We have at least won some during that same stretch.

19 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but LSU is 0-6 vs UAt since they beat them 9-6.  We have at least won some during that same stretch.

LSU last beat UAT in Nov '11,  Auburn has beat UAT once (2013) since then.....

On 7/13/2017 at 11:07 AM, lkeel75 said:

Point being, by late in the 4th Qtr of pretty much every LSU game bammer is stiil fighting for it's life waiting for the officials to help them out on a crucial play.  Most IB's lately have been forgone conclusions by halftime.

On 7/13/2017 at 10:27 AM, keesler said:

LSU last beat UAT in Nov '11,  Auburn has beat UAT once (2013) since then.....

And the only team that has beaten them twice, since then, is Ole Miss.  Are they bama's biggest rival now?

I presume bammer is gonna get a takeover day on the SECN.  If they show no victories over Auburn in any sport I may give them a little cred to their assertion that LSU is a bigger rival.  We'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

We are the only SEC team that has beaten the turds the most over the past 50 years than any other SEC team.  LSU has been pretty much pathetic against the turds over this time period as is most other if not all other SEC teams except us.  I look for LSU to be average at best this season coming in with an 8-5 record and the coonasses ready to roast coach "O" like one of their pig roasts with a funny Cajun name that I think is a "Coushon Dileat" Yes, it is grossly misspelled, but I am in the ballpark my friends!

3 hours ago, doc4aday said:

We are the only SEC team that has beaten the turds the most over the past 50 years than any other SEC team.  LSU has been pretty much pathetic against the turds over this time period as is most other if not all other SEC teams except us.  I look for LSU to be average at best this season coming in with an 8-5 record and the coonasses ready to roast coach "O" like one of their pig roasts with a funny Cajun name that I think is a "Coushon Dileat" Yes, it is grossly misspelled, but I am in the ballpark my friends!

lol, cochon de lait, and yeah i agree 100%

Archived