***FINAL: Auburn 6 Clemson 14***

RunInRed

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am not giving up on stidham. There are some things that can occur to make him efficient, but I don't trust this offensive staff...I just don't. 

I feel the same way. But I do not think he is as advertised in terms of being any kind of dual threat QB, at least no more than SW is. He didn't throw any picks but he has to learn to get rid of the ball quicker, internal clock is not there. I think he has potential but I am not sure we have a coach who can develop that potential.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tiger Scout said:

Stidham is the best passer we have had in a long time. We have to run short pass plays against top defenses. Their was no one open to throw to and he didn't have the time for them to run deep down field. End of story it wasn't his fault. 

Problem is he wasn't very accurate with his deep ball and the few times he was accurate, he had too much air under the ball. Also, just an observation, this probably ad more to do with the Vanilla playcalling but, when the team needs 5 yards to gain and you're getting on average 0 yards after the catch, maybe it's a good idea to throw to the chains rather than short of them.

6 minutes ago, WarEagleJAL said:

uI wouldn't worry too much, folks...the Softball controversy will take out Jacobs...once that happens...bye bye High School Offense.

This says it, high school offense and it all belongs to Gus

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

The QB coach needs to work with JS on getting the pass off under 3 seconds once the ball is in his hands. I do not care if he throws at the band, the cheerleaders or whoever is out of bounds. 3rd and 10 is much easier to make than 3rd and 28. Maybe we come back and have some decent offense down the road. We will be facing some good teams in the west that are playing some good offense....MSU, Ole Miss, turds, LSU. Right now, Arky & TAMU are the only teams in the west I feel confident about winning. Ole Miss & MSU should win... 5-3 is looking more like the reality of this season with an 8-4 or 9-3. I hope in a few weeks I am proved so wrong!

Doc it feels like another 8-5 year. I hate it man . So much talent on this team. Damn it's so disappointing 

2 minutes ago, Altima said:

boy...

OU really stickin it to OSU... that's what an offense looks like.  yes, they have a good quarterback... but the complex, creativity is what blows me away... compared to gussy pooh's o.  

i just want a little bit of that!  we have the players, damnit!!!

That's my biggest gripe, other than oline play. If other teams can teach multiple formations and sets.....why can't we? We don't even need a playbook. We only run maybe five different runs and five different passes.

6 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

You mean Miller. Martin is not a run between the tackles RB. If anything he should've been used on a reverse...like maybe OMac. We needed to use another RB at times to spell KP. Miller got no run. We were determined to force KP no matter if he was 100% or not. Sean can identify

I was just wishing they would somebody in to help help Pettway 

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

The QB coach needs to work with JS on getting the pass off under 3 seconds once the ball is in his hands.

It won't matter much he works at speedy release if they constantly run slow developing plays and no quick hutting routes.

1 minute ago, Weegle777 said:

Gus' offense is best when he runs it with tempo with a threat to run at QB. It worked at lesser schools with a pass first scheme because the speed on D wasn't as prevalent in those leagues. Gus can't adjust. Confounding really. 

And he MUST adjust, especially when it appears that his numerous peers on the opposite side know his too-easily revealed hand or Hand? ?

1 minute ago, Weegle777 said:

I'll be honest, I haven't been this indifferent about Auburn football ever. 

It actually hurts...doesn't it? To watch that on National TV is a travesty. I said it earlier...until they fire Gus...I just have a hard time with watching it.

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

Doc it feels like another 8-5 year. I hate it man . So much talent on this team. Damn it's so disappointing 

8-4 will see Gus out the door no doubt.  The bus has finally slung a rod and roasted all of the spark plug wires tonight!

6 minutes ago, Altima said:

boy...

OU really stickin it to OSU... that's what an offense looks like.  yes, they have a good quarterback... but the complex, creativity is what blows me away... compared to gussy pooh's o.  

i just want a little bit of that!  we have the players, damnit!!!

Makes me sick. OU is so much fun to watch

Just now, WeagleAU said:

I was just wishing they would somebody in to help help Pettway 

Never came. Just like shortening the routes to help Stidham never came. Typical Gus and his offensive staff. 

11 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

You forgot the terrible WR coaching

Also a lack luster running game from one of the best running backs in the SEC last year.

3 minutes ago, Weegle777 said:

I'll be honest, I haven't been this indifferent about Auburn football ever. 

I have felt the same since 2014. Losing practically every big game will have that effect. We have been in this slump for way too long now and nothing is changing.

1 minute ago, ToraGirl said:

And he MUST adjust, especially when it appears that his numerous peers on the opposite side know his too-easily revealed hand or Hand? ?

Yep. It's scary that he struggles with that at this level. Dabo isn't the smartest, but he seems to have common sense. Gus can't coach after his scripted plays run out.

I agree the offense is Pop Warner.  Gus isnt a coaching guru.  I want to know who Auburn could get as a head coach willing to go against Saban.  Gonna be a short list.  We could have hired Petrino,. Could have kept Tubb, could have hired Briles as an OC, could have went after Spurrier,  as long as Jacobs and Dye are holding the strings we gonna look like we chasing our tails.  Btw Petrino is my guy.

Archived