***FINAL: Auburn 6 Clemson 14***

RunInRed

From 2014, its gone from "if AU only had a defense" to "if AU only had a quarterback" to "if  AU only had an experienced offensive coordinator."  The defense has improved (understatement),  two elite 11 quarterbacks have been thrown in this system and (small sample size caution for JS) looked ineffective compared to their talent levels, and the OC situation has changed.  The two constants here: Gus Malzahn is still here and Auburn (the athletics department side, NOT the university) is still Auburn.  The side that always wants to meekly ride the coattails to success PROUDLY hanging on to the underdog moniker.  It's really tiring.  You are Auburn.  You are a top 15 all-time college football program.  Stop settling for inconsistent bouts of success on the feel-good stories of a coach coming from obscurity and over performing and start running the program with teeth and from a position of strength like it should be run.  I have no idea why, but Auburn eats up the "underdog" mentality.  Maybe they think it's needed for "extra motivation," but that's a cop out.  There comes a time when big dogs don't sandbag and ACT like big dogs.  I say nothing hesitantly or meekly when I announce that Im an Auburn grad; I'm proud to hold the title.  Its time for our athletic department to be run the same way: an unabashed confidence that says we're an elite athletic program and will be run like one.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I want Auburn to hire the coach who is looking forward to competing with the nickster......who is not invincible. If only Ole Miss had been a little smarter.....Hugh Freeze was that guy. Why would Auburn consider anyone who is reluctant to take on any challenge in the SEC? 

Agreed, I liked Freeze, I like Petrino, I liked Briles and Gary Paterson.  I have a man crush on Jimbo Fisher.  But as long as Jacobs is running the show we gonna have to hire a coach with perfect moral values that knows how to say yes sir to Pat Dye.   Btw when is Lane Kiffin headed to Auburn.

While I do think he holds the ball a little too long...It cannot be blamed on Stidham.

While I do think he isn;t the fastest guy...It cannot be blamed on Pettway (or injured backs)...

While I do think we need some adjustments on the O-line...it cannot be blamed on them, either. 

What this is, and should be, blamed on, is Vanilla plays, Vanilla play calling, Horrible coaching, failure to properly adjust (coaching), failure to get things to the players that helps them counter what was coming at them (coaching), and failure to be, at all, prepared for a good defense. 

The shame is, we have to sit here and watch such a fine group of guys...not get the support and teaching and coaching they deserve. We get to watch one of the best classes of wide receivers be under-utilized (and coached by someone who should not be a D-1 Receivers coach!). We see an accurate QB (S. White) on the bench...we see a deep ball throwing QB not given time (Stidham). 

This is on CGM...this game was there for the taking, and his coaching blew another one. Plain and simple.

"Gus Bus"...no, folks...Gus train wreck!!!!

1 minute ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Yeah I watched it and they moved the ball well against AU.  His offense was never exposed.  Every coach can have a bad game or so but his offense moved the ball. 

The point I'm trying to make is, how often did his teams play really good defenses week after week? There's a difference in putting up 50 in the PAC vs the SEC.

3 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

From 2014, its gone from "if AU only had a defense" to "if AU only had a quarterback" to "if  AU only had an experienced offensive coordinator."  The defense has improved (understatement),  two elite 11 quarterbacks have been thrown in this system and (small sample size caution for JS) looked ineffective compared to their talent levels, and the OC situation has changed.  The two constants here: Gus Malzahn is still here and Auburn (the athletics side, NOT the university) is still Auburn.  The side that always wants to meekly ride the coattails to success PROUDLY hanging on to the underdog moniker.  It's really tiring.  You are Auburn.  You are a top 15 all-time college football program.  Stop settling for inconsistent bouts of success on the feel-good stories of a coach coming from obscurity and over performing and start running the program with teeth and from a position of strength like it should be run.  I have no idea why, but Auburn eats up the "underdog" mentality.  Maybe they think it's needed for "extra motivation," but that's a cop out.  There comes a time when big dogs don't sandbag and ACT like big dogs.  I say nothing hesitantly or meekly when I announce that Im an Auburn grad; I'm proud to hold the title.  Its time for our athletic department to be run the same way: an unabashed confidence that says we're an elite athletic program and will be run like one.

Also this

Just now, CAReeves2010 said:

The point I'm trying to make is, how often did his teams play really good defenses week after week? There's a difference in putting up 50 in the PAC vs the SEC.

He put up good numbers plenty of times.  I would bet everything I own Auburn wins tonight with the same players if Chip Kelly was calling the plays.  I am that confident that he's that much of a better college coach then Gus. 

I always thought it was a mistake to fire a coach in the middle of the season. But 15 yards total offense in the 2nd half and 11 sacks total in the game? No, just no, Gus needs to go now in order to save this season. He has blown practically every big game since 2014. Coach Big Game Bust is who he is.

Im reminded of the 2003 Tigers. It is painful to watch and just pray something happens on offense. Stidham needs to just take a shot and trust his receiver. I had rather watch him throw 2 or 3 pics than end up with 11 sacks. We have some talent at receiver and I would like to see us throw a jump ball and let our guys make a play. Most of his sacks came with man coverage down the field.

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

I'm not saying we should do this. I just wonder what the team would look like if Steele was named interim HC. That's all, just wondering. Would we get worse? 

Nope. Defense is our saving grace anyhow. 

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I'm not saying we should do this. I just wonder what the team would look like if Steele was named interim HC. That's all, just wondering. Would we get worse? 

maybe he would hire his own offensive co and let that person run the offense and he could run the defense .. the same way he is doing now. 

11 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

He put up good numbers plenty of times.  I would bet everything I own Auburn wins tonight with the same players if Chip Kelly was calling the plays.  I am that confident that he's that much of a better college coach then Gus. 

I'll agree to an extent on the yards he put up but with the way our OL was playing tonight there's no way anyone's offense works against their D. 

1 minute ago, Cooper said:

Agreed, I liked Freeze, I like Petrino, I liked Briles and Gary Paterson.  I have a man crush on Jimbo Fisher.  But as long as Jacobs is running the show we gonna have to hire a coach with perfect moral values that knows how to say yes sir to Pat Dye.   Btw when is Lane Kiffin headed to Auburn.

I don't think a coach has to be a sleaze bag to win in the SEC. Petrino is trash and always has been. Chip Kelly was in NCAA hot water....no thanks. Freeze was trying to beat nickster and the REC in the cheating game but he wasn't smart about it and didn't have enough power behind him. And then he had a blackmail worthy secret so....no. But he did get the best of ol' nickster a few times and that was good. Jimbo Fisher and Briles have the pretty much the same moral failings and that's no good either. We do not need another team full of thugs that just bring heartache and bad press to Auburn. Not sure about Patterson.....but out of all of them he seems to be the best one. I doubt he'd take the job though. 

There has to be a guy out there somewhere who is capable of SEC caliber coaching and isn't full of rot on the inside. 

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I just don't see how we would get worse. If firing your head coach doesn't make you worse, then there's your sign.

Just sayin- now would be the time to do it in season- mercer next week. Winnable game vs Mizz and ole miss

37 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Can't say I blame them. Maybe that's why Sean was suspended? Maybe he voiced his opinion. Not trying to start rumor. Just speculating. 

You can't be serious.

The Auburn QB got sacked 11 times. Whatever the cause, it was 11 TIMES. Until we get that fixed, I don't see how there is any way to know what we really have. Worst pass protection of an AU team ever. No team is going to generate much offense with their QB getting sacked 11 times and running for his life most of the rest of the time.

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

I've already bought my Mizzou tickets and UGA tickets.. and I don't even want to go to either anymore. 

Burn the UGA tickets....that is all I can say. Save yourself...

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Burn the UGA tickets....that is all I can say. Save yourself...

DAG are we actually agreeing on things now 

29 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

From 2014, its gone from "if AU only had a defense" to "if AU only had a quarterback" to "if  AU only had an experienced offensive coordinator."  The defense has improved (understatement),  two elite 11 quarterbacks have been thrown in this system and (small sample size caution for JS) looked ineffective compared to their talent levels, and the OC situation has changed.  The two constants here: Gus Malzahn is still here and Auburn (the athletics department side, NOT the university) is still Auburn.  The side that always wants to meekly ride the coattails to success PROUDLY hanging on to the underdog moniker.  It's really tiring.  You are Auburn.  You are a top 15 all-time college football program.  Stop settling for inconsistent bouts of success on the feel-good stories of a coach coming from obscurity and over performing and start running the program with teeth and from a position of strength like it should be run.  I have no idea why, but Auburn eats up the "underdog" mentality.  Maybe they think it's needed for "extra motivation," but that's a cop out.  There comes a time when big dogs don't sandbag and ACT like big dogs.  I say nothing hesitantly or meekly when I announce that Im an Auburn grad; I'm proud to hold the title.  Its time for our athletic department to be run the same way: an unabashed confidence that says we're an elite athletic program and will be run like one.

OrsenWellesClapping.gif

Archived