2018 Baseball Schedule

The dogs of the conference (Tennessee and Georgia) rotate off of the schedule this year...South Carolina also comes off.  Those three replaced by Vandy (pre-season #6), Kentucky (#8) and Missouri (NR).  There will be no easy weekends starting mid-March.  No room for Jacksonville State on the schedule?

11 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Facing Florida early last year benefited us.  Maybe we can repeat that and sweep them :)

Interesting side note, Tracy Rocker's son Kumar is one of the highest rated pitchers for the 2018 draft.  6'5" and 250 pounds with a fastball that will likely eventually top out at 100 mph.  Plays high school ball at North Oconee near Athens, GA.  He has signed with Vanderbilt.

Vandy has an unbelievable signing class for '18 which will most likely be decimated by the MLB draft.

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Facing Florida early last year benefited us.  Maybe we can repeat that and sweep them :)

I really hope that's the outcome here. Looking at the roster.... AU will have a young team. Nothing like baptism by SEC fire  :blink:

34 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I really hope that's the outcome here. Looking at the roster.... AU will have a young team. Nothing like baptism by SEC fire  :blink:

Got at least one top of the first round starter...I expect Davis Daniel to really prosper from his experience on the mound last year and give us two power house weekend starters.

I don't know what to expect from having Gabe Gross back but I trust Butch knows what he's doing.  We saw some flashes of big time power from Dylan Ingram, but Gross will have to get more than 3 home runs out of Josh Anthony and Conor Davis this year. 

Defensively, we will be as sound on the infield as we may have ever been and hopefully Steven Williams will be the stud behind the plate that he is expected to be.

Thanks.....needed this encouragement

It is 25 degrees and 15 degree wind chill outside right now and hard to imagine baseball in just 6 weeks......but something nice to think about on a cold winter day.. 

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Thanks.....needed this encouragement

It is 25 degrees and 15 degree wind chill outside right now and hard to imagine baseball in just 6 weeks......but something nice to think about on a cold winter day.. 

That 6 weeks will hopefully go by a little easier since we have a hot AU BB team to occupy our time. I'm usually pretty bored with sports until baseball begins.  So much good right now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived