Softball vs. Texas A&M game 3

So, has Swindle been in to pitch in any SEC game?  So down to our last SEC game of the season and getting our butts kicked, he puts Swindle in to pitch.  Has Dean given up on the game? Or did he realize Carlson is gone next year?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

So, has Swindle been in to pitch in any SEC game?  So down to our last SEC game of the season and getting our butts kicked, he puts Swindle in to pitch.  Has Dean given up on the game? Or did he realize Carlson is gone next year?

It struck me that Dean just wrote off the 3rd game against Ole Miss. He pitched two young 'uns in that one, lost the game and then pitched Carlson against Kennesaw State two days later. Made no sense at all to me.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It struck me that Dean just wrote off the 3rd game against Ole Miss. He pitched two young 'uns in that one, lost the game and then pitched Carlson against Kennesaw State two days later. Made no sense at all to me.

That's completely ridiculous and there's nothing in the way of facts to support that.  Pitching did NOT cost us that game at Ole Miss. Lack of hitting did just like its done this weekend. 

Missed what happened to Shea.   Snow singles up the middle.   1 out.  Pinch runner coming on for Snow, Maresette.      Rivera up.

Rivera grounder to 2nd, throw to 2nd to get the lead runner, throw to 1st not in time.  2 outs.  Kendall Veach up

15 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

Swindle pitched Friday night in relief and has pitched in several other SEC games in relief. 

18 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

That's completely ridiculous and there's nothing in the way of facts to support that.  Pitching did NOT cost us that game at Ole Miss. Lack of hitting did just like its done this weekend. 

Pitching most certainly did cost us that game. We lost it 3-2. Both Carlson and Martin held Ole Miss to one run in the first two games. Hold them to one run in game 3 and we win 2-1.

To me, when a coach elects to not start his best available pitcher against league competition he's indicating that he's willing to risk the game's outcome in order to experiment. He could have experimented against K. State three days later if an experiment was needed.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Pitching most certainly did cost us that game. We lost it 3-2. Both Carlson and Martin held Ole Miss to one run in the first two games. Hold them to one run in game 3 and we win 2-1.

To me, when a coach elects to not start his best available pitcher against league competition he's indicating that he's willing to risk the game's outcome in order to experiment. He could have experimented against K. State three days later if an experiment was needed.

Absolutely NOT.  That kind of rationalization is just ludicrous. Of course if we hold them to 1 run (or hell why not just not ever allow a run at all) we win.   Every game is different.  Yesterday's game Martin (one of the nations best)  held them to 1 run....and we lost the game.   Today we pitch one of the nations best with Carslon and are losing 7-0 and were down 5-0 when she left.    We left 5 runners on base in that Ole Miss game and were 6-27 batting.   We lost that game because of lack of hitting not because of anything that happened in the circle.  If you want perfection in any aspect of any game, I suggest finding something else to do with your time, because you will never get what you want.

McCrackin hard chopper to 3rd and its off the shoulder of the 3rd baseman and everybody is safe.  Runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs for Courtney Shea.

Snow drives one to deep left and its off the wall and head/shoulder of the left fielder and drops.  Run scores.    Runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and it's 7-1.     Rivera up.

Archived